61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I'll 1 up you. Flat Plane crank 427, 8K redline, that would be frickin amazing

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Chevy played it safe by staying with a less expensive cam in block design and cubic inches, always win? Ford has never been scared to develop and change engine design, now they are producing small very powerful engines that deliver more power per cubic inch. That being said why not kick Chevy's ass by playing their own game, imagine a 427 ci. Coyote track pack with serious gearing?

If something works why fix it? In the 90s GMs LT1 and LS1s outperformed anything ford made. GM continues to advance these engines but if you have such a great platform there's no need to redesign the wheel. And the whole "more power per ci" is a ricer excuse for losing. You can always "have more hp or cubes" but it's the company that gets the most out of the larger price that these cars are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
126 Posts
And if that don't work file bankrupcy and let the government pay for your mistakes of not keeping up with technology, my opinion and I own a Z28Camaro and a Mustang GT.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
GM has good suspension and drivetrain, that is well known. The rest of their electronics are garbage though.

Also. They finally just bought back most of their shares the government owned of the company. Only about 6 years after the fact.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
It's not ignorant when Ford themselves have said that they will not produce a track focused car to challenge the Z/28.

Hell, they claimed the new GT with the PP was seconds faster than the old Boss and it's not even close.
Although this thread is 5 months old. Looks like they did in fact make something to take on the Z28

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Although this thread is 5 months old. Looks like they did in fact make something to take on the Z28
I haven't seen Ish on here in a while

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Need to check threads where talking down on Ford is possible.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Good point. Seems like that's what he does usually. Too bad I was banned when the GT350R got unveiled... would be interesting to hear what he would try and say about that Z28 killer.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Good point. Seems like that's what he does usually. Too bad I was banned when the GT350R got unveiled... would be interesting to hear what he would try and say about that Z28 killer.
Meh I can't really remember. I tune him out to be honest lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
And if that don't work file bankrupcy and let the government pay for your mistakes of not keeping up with technology, my opinion and I own a Z28Camaro and a Mustang GT.

That's extremely generic and the bailout had nothing to do with GMs performance vehicles. I was referring specifically to their performance cars (camaros, corvettes, etc.). Sure a lot of their other cars are crap which is why they went under. But aside from the 03 cobra ford had not had a decent engine in a mustang that could keep with with a stock 98 z/28 until 2011.

I can honestly say I am completely unbiased with brands. I go with what has the most potential and HP period. But up until 2011 any mustang GT was a joke compared to a 4th gen f body if you look at strictly performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
132 Posts
Chevy rules again. We had 11-14 fun why it lasted.
There is a reason why chevy has been on top since day 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Go buy yourself a chevy and stop whining

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
34 Posts
On aesthetics the Camaro looses badly . Even Gen 6 is horrible. Performance is one thing, but you got to like how the car looks inside and outside. :cool:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
On aesthetics the Camaro looses badly . Even Gen 6 is horrible. Performance is one thing, but you got to like how the car looks inside and outside. :cool:
It looks better than the 2015 Mustang, and will perform better.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts