Mustang Evolution Forum banner

341 - 360 of 628 Posts

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
:nonono:

Ha I think it is you who is smoking crack since I don`t do drugs it certainly is not me and yes low 4`s to high 3`s and low 12`s to high 11`s but ...........
only if the 2015 is DIRECT INJECTED with that being said the numbers I predict may not materialize until the 2016 model year .
Dude your numbers are all over the place and everything you say you constantly change your story. I highly doubt the new GT will ever be a sub 3sec 0-60 and sub 12 quarter. It will be real close and only the best drag racer will hit 3's and 11's STOCK!!!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Here you go...wait till the 4:45 mark...CNE himself (yes, he's up there at Ford) mentions the forged rods...

http://youtu.be/-dbi9hM-RWk
Theres more to internals than rods. Guys on here said internals which mean rods, crank, pistons etc.

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Likely people who buy the 2015 Mustang will regret it once the direct injection hits likely
2016 with around 475 HP , it's a wait and see approach I personally would not buy the all new Mustang until that technology is implemented.... no question direct injection is on the table the question is when....
They won't regret it. They may be upset, but won't regret they purchased a GT with probably about 435hp. That will still be bada$$.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
They won't regret it. They may be upset, but won't regret they purchased a GT with probably about 435hp. That will still be bada$$.

Absolutely right. As in anything, every year to come, a brand has to improve or they will lose market share. I am getting one of the 1st and supercharging in the 600 HP range and enjoying it. When the new one comes out, or the Shelby edition, I can always trade up!

Here is a rendering I found for fun.

·
Registered
307 Posts
:nonono: Ha I think it is you who is smoking crack since I don`t do drugs it certainly is not me and yes low 4`s to high 3`s and low 12`s to high 11`s but ........... only if the 2015 is DIRECT INJECTED with that being said the numbers I predict may not materialize until the 2016 model year .
@gladiatoro: while you make some valid points, I completely disagree with your predicted performance figures stated above....seriously, high 3's to low 4's 0-60 time...maybe for the GT500 replacement..no way a N/A GT or Mach 1/Boss will hit performance numbers like that. As good as the n/a engines are, they don't produce enough torque low in the rev range to even get close--even with launch control. If you recall, the GT500 had a 0-60 time of 3.5 sec and a 1/4 mile of 11.6 seconds. My point is, only a premium model (read Cobra/GT500 replacement) Mustang will be able to match those numbers and that model will need to have healthy torque down low (read: forced induction).

Any other opinion would suggest that the forum member posting it spends a lot of time reading this....

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dude your numbers are all over the place and everything you say you constantly change your story. I highly doubt the new GT will ever be a sub 3sec 0-60 and sub 12 quarter. It will be real close and only the best drag racer will hit 3's and 11's STOCK!!! ---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ---------- Theres more to internals than rods. Guys on here said internals which mean rods, crank, pistons etc.
Ya, no s**t. The complete reciprocating assembly in the bottom end and not to mention the heads...

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

The 2015 GT will basically get a slightly revised version of the Boss 302 engine. In the Boss it had 444hp. The 2015 will have a "reported" 450hp but be slightly underrated. The real number will be between 450-460hp.

Whatever Ford does in 2016 and beyond for the GT is just speculation at this point.

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Absolutely right. As in anything, every year to come, a brand has to improve or they will lose market share. I am getting one of the 1st and supercharging in the 600 HP range and enjoying it. When the new one comes out, or the Shelby edition, I can always trade up!

Here is a rendering I found for fun.
Looking at all these renderings. The only way i like the look is with stripes of some kind and body work done to it. A plan 15' GT stock does nothing for me. When the final power numbers come out in a few years and if I'm financially set to buy one i will and mod the crap out of the appearance side of the new mustang.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

@gladiatoro: while you make some valid points, I completely disagree with your predicted performance figures stated above....seriously, high 3's to low 4's 0-60 time...maybe for the GT500 replacement..no way a N/A GT or Mach 1/Boss will hit performance numbers like that. As good as the n/a engines are, they don't produce enough torque low in the rev range to even get close--even with launch control. If you recall, the GT500 had a 0-60 time of 3.5 sec and a 1/4 mile of 11.6 seconds. My point is, only a premium model (read Cobra/GT500 replacement) Mustang will be able to match those numbers and that model will need to have healthy torque down low (read: forced induction).

Any other opinion would suggest that the forum member posting it spends a lot of time reading this....
+1 ha ha ha!

·
Registered
351 Posts
The 3.7 got into the Mustang because of emissions regulations...no sense redeveloping something that is old and outdated...would've cost the same if not more to do that...I'll agree that it helped that the competition had upped its game but that wasn't the only reason the 4.0L was dropped ...you're right about the 302--the lessons learnt from that program definitely had an impact on the 15....namely it's engine...
I agree, but my understanding was that it was developed for the F150 and not slated for the Mustang for a couple more years. That was the reason for the 2010 body change without the new engines.

·
Registered
771 Posts

:popcorn:

The GT 500 2013 got 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds with a curb weight of 3850 , now let's
shed some weight like 450 pounds and reduce the power to 450-475 HP
if direct injection is available right away these numbers are no problem
plus with direct injection low end power is much improved a proven fact ,
and you have a power to weight ratio that will be capable of low 4.s high
3's simple math with launch control of course which the 2015 mustang will have as has been stated by Ford... now adding a Large SUPERCHARGER / Intercooler to the mix I don't see why the new mustang could not beat the 3.5 0 to 60 , it will have MUCH less weight and similar HP as the Shelby ...
;)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
:popcorn: The GT 2013 got 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds with a curb weight of 3850 , now let's shed some weight like 450 pounds and reduce the power to 450-475 HP if direct injection is available right away these numbers are no problem plus with direct injection low end power is much improved a proven fact , and you have a power to weight ratio that will be capable of low 4.s high 3's simple math with launch control of course which the 2015 mustang will have as has been stated by Ford... now adding a Large SUPERCHARGER / Intercooler to the mix I don't see why the new mustang could not beat the 3.5 0 to 60 , it will have MUCH less weight and similar HP as the Shelby ... ;)
I hope you meant GT500, otherwise, what are you smoking, the GT did 0-60 in 4.2-4.3.

·
Registered
771 Posts

I will wait until Direct Injection is available and power is at a minimum of 475 HP
and if that is in 2016 fine I will wait , then add a SUPERCHARGER to the mix THEN IT WILL BE BAD ASS.... 475 + 40% = 665 HP similar POWER as the 2013 Shelby GT 500 only MUCH lighter .

·
Registered
4,575 Posts

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
:popcorn:

The GT 500 2013 got 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds with a curb weight of 3850 , now let's
shed some weight like 450 pounds and reduce the power to 450-475 HP
if direct injection is available right away these numbers are no problem
plus with direct injection low end power is much improved a proven fact ,
and you have a power to weight ratio that will be capable of low 4.s high
3's simple math with launch control of course which the 2015 mustang will have as has been stated by Ford... now adding a Large SUPERCHARGER / Intercooler to the mix I don't see why the new mustang could not beat the 3.5 0 to 60 , it will have MUCH less weight and similar HP as the Shelby ...
;)
MMVEC was talking about the 14' GT500 with 662hp running 3.5 and 11.6... Just shedding 450 lbs and gaining 50hp will not be enough to get close to those numbers. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse the new GT will not have the performance number the special edition car have or will have nobody would buy them. Everyone will by a GT take the extra $10K-$20K and make it look better and go faster. If Ford makes the GT run sub 4 and sub 12. They might as well not make the special editions they will not sell. Head hitting wall... Head hitting wall!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
It amazes me the number of people who think direct injection is a magic bullet. Reports say that Ford was not impressed by what DI added, and found better alternatives. I think that a more important modification is the prospect of lasers replacing spark plugs. With DI, they will be able to make significant performance gains with huge fuel economy improvement.

Power gains with the 5.0 is going to be moderate, using cams, intake manifolds, and bigger valves. Nothing sexy, just tweaks. The GT350 will get its mojo from turbochargers. The Mach 1 and others will probably get some minor boost, but they are close to the limit on N/A engines. Major increases will be from a blower of some type, and the Shelbys are always going to be given the best, so at best, we may only hope for matching the GT350s.

·
Registered
307 Posts
:popcorn: The GT 500 2013 got 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds with a curb weight of 3850 , now let's shed some weight like 450 pounds and reduce the power to 450-475 HP if direct injection is available right away these numbers are no problem plus with direct injection low end power is much improved a proven fact , and you have a power to weight ratio that will be capable of low 4.s high 3's simple math with launch control of course which the 2015 mustang will have as has been stated by Ford... now adding a Large SUPERCHARGER / Intercooler to the mix I don't see why the new mustang could not beat the 3.5 0 to 60 , it will have MUCH less weight and similar HP as the Shelby ... ;)

Ford has already published that the 15 will be 200 lbs lighter (aluminum front fenders)...not 450...which I think will be offset by the IRS...direct injection may add power, but you need low end torque to improve 0-60 times...power is what you need for 1/4 mile...the GT500 had 662 (supercharged) hp...I don't see how on earth a N/A GT with 450 or even 475 hp (as you stated) will be able to come remotely close to the numbers the GT500 produced...whatever Ford replaces the GT500 with, will definitely match it's performance...but that car will not be a Mustang GT....

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

It amazes me the number of people who think direct injection is a magic bullet. Reports say that Ford was not impressed by what DI added, and found better alternatives. I think that a more important modification is the prospect of lasers replacing spark plugs. With DI, they will be able to make significant performance gains with huge fuel economy improvement. Power gains with the 5.0 is going to be moderate, using cams, intake manifolds, and bigger valves. Nothing sexy, just tweaks. The GT350 will get its mojo from turbochargers. The Mach 1 and others will probably get some minor boost, but they are close to the limit on N/A engines. Major increases will be from a blower of some type, and the Shelbys are always going to be given the best, so at best, we may only hope for matching the GT350s.
+1. finally someone gets it...

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
You really think the new GT will pound out a sub 4 0-60 with small 245 tires out back. The 662hp 14' GT500 did 3.5 0-60 with much larger tires.

The 13' GT500 with 550 did 4 flat to 60.

Like I said before your numbers are all over the place. I will agree it will be faster than the 13'-14' but not sub 4sec. It will need at least 285's if not 305's out back to even think about sub 4.

·
Registered
307 Posts
MMVEC was talking about the 14' GT500 with 662hp running 3.5 and 11.6... Just shedding 450 lbs and gaining 50hp will not be enough to get close to those numbers. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse the new GT will not have the performance number the special edition car have or will have nobody would buy them. Everyone will by a GT take the extra $10K-$20K and make it look better and go faster. If Ford makes the GT run sub 4 and sub 12. They might as well not make the special editions they will not sell. Head hitting wall... Head hitting wall!!!
+1 "head on...apply directly to the forehead...apply directly to the forehead..."

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
You really think the new GT will pound out a sub 4 0-60 with small 245 tires out back. The 662hp 14' GT500 did 3.5 0-60 with much larger tires. The 13' GT500 with 550 did 4 flat to 60. Like I said before your numbers are all over the place. I will agree it will be faster than the 13'-14' but not sub 4sec. It will need at least 285's if not 305's out back to even think about sub 4.
+1

·
Registered
771 Posts
You really think the new GT will pound out a sub 4 0-60 with small 245 tires out back. The 662hp 14' GT500 did 3.5 0-60 with much larger tires.

The 13' GT500 with 550 did 4 flat to 60.

Like I said before your numbers are all over the place. I will agree it will be faster than the 13'-14' but not sub 4sec. It will need at least 285's if not 305's out back to even think about sub 4.

The 2013 GT 500 did NOT make 550 HP what planet are you from it made
662 Hp with the 5.8 , I think you may be referring to the 2012 GT500
which made 550Hp yes , with that being said 550 hp running 4's flat at 3850
pds let's reduce that weight with the 2015/16 GT by a few hundred pounds
and run 450-475 Hp we can then see that 4's flat is possible. With launch
control of course and good tires.

;)

·
Banned
1,146 Posts

The 2013 GT 500 did NOT make 550 HP what planet are you from it made
662 Hp with the 5.8 , I think you may be referring to the 2012 GT500
which made 550Hp yes , with that being said 550 hp running 4's flat at 3850
pds let's reduce that weight with the 2015/16 GT by a few hundred pounds
and run 450-475 Hp we can then see that 4's flat is possible. With launch
control of course and good tires.

;)
You need to stop making a fool of yourself. It's good to see you back tracked once again in saying it can run 4 flat and not sub 4... What your not beefing it up to the sub 4 anymore??? I still think 4 flat could be tough. Heres why...

The new 2014 stingray Z51 base Vette has 460hp, weighs 3300 pounds, has launch control and 285 tires out back and can run 3.9 sec. 0-60 (mfg. est.) Edmund.com tested it and ran 4.3 0-60.

After knowing what the new Vette has for technology. You are still set at 4.0 or sub 4 0-60 for a new GT Mustang that will have about the same power will weigh more and be running on probably skinnier tires like 245's.

Keep dreaming bro!

341 - 360 of 628 Posts