Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
With this photo, i'd say the front end was tweaked, rather than redesigned. Only real major changes are fog light relocation, and slimmer headlights. And of course minor other details. But basic overall qualities.

Looks nice i guess. I might be the only one, but that rear end shot looks kinda cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Yay everybody. Ford designed a completely newly refreshed 14 model for 2015. Looks good but that's because I love the 10 to 14 body styles. Am I disappointed in the lack of creativity from Ford designers , you bet ya but that's okay. It looks real nice just not all that different from what there is currently. Its not a new and creative design that Ford came up with but it just may be the biggest thing gone global since Justin Beiber.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Like , don't like or indifferent this is how you design a car to look completely different than the previous generation vehicle. 2003 2013
you have too many notifications! Check your email/Facebook/paypal NOW! Lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
Like , don't like or indifferent this is how you design a car to look completely different than the previous generation vehicle. 2003 2013
+1

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

The 2015 looks more like an evolution (no pun) than a revolution...I'm hoping it looks better in person ..,maybe it's not photogenic

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
+1

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

The 2015 looks more like an evolution (no pun) than a revolution...I'm hoping it looks better in person ..,maybe it's not photogenic
I hear if you smoke a joint just a few minutes before seeing it in person, the car looks completely different than the current model and has a radical looking design.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
So not to say 'told ya so' from a bunch of us, but yeah, "Told ya" Once the Euro influence raised its head, it was done. It's a Fusion front end, 370Z side back end and a weird rear end that has no flow. The interior has too many buttons and dials.
Maybe Roush or Saleen can modify this thing to look cool. It'll be tough. We'll see if Europe buys them and if they lose sales in the US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think wiki has some rough sales stats through the years. As with every producer of goods, more sales is key. I agree with you there, I'm sure its no surprise Ford would love to bump euro sales. And hell, nothing I'd like better than to see mustangs stomping bmw's worldwide. prestige

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I think wiki has some rough sales stats through the years. As with every producer of goods, more sales is key. I agree with you there, I'm sure its no surprise Ford would love to bump euro sales. And hell, nothing I'd like better than to see mustangs stomping bmw's worldwide. prestige
+1 on BMW stomping.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
So not to say 'told ya so' from a bunch of us, but yeah, "Told ya" Once the Euro influence raised its head, it was done. It's a Fusion front end, 370Z side back end and a weird rear end that has no flow. The interior has too many buttons and dials.
Maybe Roush or Saleen can modify this thing to look cool. It'll be tough. We'll see if Europe buys them and if they lose sales in the US.
Well, look at it from this stand point. Were just 10 years away from the 2025 next generation stang. Maybe Ford will do something really radical and different then.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Ford should have just built the Evo for Europe and built us a new badass mustang.

·
Registered
478 Posts
In all honesty, I had faith that Ford would move the Mustang in the direction of a more refined, slightly higher end sports car. The 11-14 models shown great performance gains over the previous models with a new 3.7 and 5.0 engines while keeping muscle car (pony car) status, while keeping the car unique enough to be a Mustang. An 11-14 Mustang is unmistakably a Mustang. With no emblems on the car, you would see one and say "nice Mustang". I believed Ford could not, would not get this wrong.

I was predicting a new Mustang that would combine the 14' performance gains with modern revamped suspension and braking systems, modified exterior and more luxurious interior. I had a feeling Ford would make us eat our words by releasing a better version of the 11'-14', aka the best Mustang to date. Needless to say, I got that one wrong.

When rumors of 'Euro' design began to spread, as a life long Mustang fan, I interpreted that to translate into more of a finished look for the interior, possibly with more space and use of better quality materials. I believed Ford would fix the few knocks Mustang owners complain about.

The carpets don't even rise high enough to cover wiring on the firewall. Seriously now, they are looking to compete with ///M BMW's, please, that had to be a joke. The ///M3 driver's seat has more real leather in it than the complete interiors of 3 2014 Mustangs combined. Fit and finish is not Ford's game and they couldn't rub together two engineers that could make anything like a BMW. Those are very different cars. Most people that drive one actually lease them. Those who line up to lease BMW's would not possibly be interested in a muscle car. Where is the thinking there???? Outside of ///M owners, BMW Lease's are not typically car lovers. They have no intention of keeping their cars (for good reason as most Bimmers don't make it to 100k miles before falling apart anyway). They drive them for status and comfort, not because they love their cars. Mustang owners love their cars and OWN at least one Mustang at any given time, throughout their lifetime. How many people do you know lease a Mustang? 0

We now know what it is. Euro car it is not. It's much worse than any of us could have imagined; it's riced out. A RICER! I wish Ford would have gone all Euro on us. I would prefer to see an E46 ///Mustang than the over grown FRS in those pics.

I refuse to call that abomination a Mustang.

I don't know what is supposed to be 'Euro' about it. Looks more like a 350z Ricer in and out than it does anything else. Slap a Nissan or a Z logo on and you have what Nissan should have come up with for a their 370z. All those rounded knobs and gauges everywhere looks like a Scion 350z mix. That roof profile only belongs to G35/350/370z, and now the Ford Skyline Z....Nismo Pony......5.0z......ahhhh, there you go. That's a name that sticks.

I see now why my 14' was so expensive. Last year of the Mustang. Maybe they will fix it in 2020.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
+1 on BMW stomping.
Good luck with that!

On another note, just how long could we expect the current design to last with the Mustang? To go global, and even keep the U.S. Mustang purists happy, Ford had to change the design. No auto manufacturer keeps a current design beyond 5 years without a change. It simply becomes stale, and buyers look elswhere for change. The designers did a good job with this current Mustang, making changes each year up to 2014, but now this platform is done for them. Time to move on.

I own a 2011, and plan to keep it a long time. However, this new design still shows "Mustang" to me. Will I buy one? Most likely, maybe in 2016, when there are used ones from 2015 around.

I look forward to seeing a Boss, Shelby, and maybe a Mach version produced on this 2015 platform.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good luck with that! On another note, just how long could we expect the current design to last with the Mustang? To go global, and even keep the U.S. Mustang purists happy, Ford had to change the design. No auto manufacturer keeps a current design beyond 5 years without a change. It simply becomes stale, and buyers look elswhere for change. The designers did a good job with this current Mustang, making changes each year up to 2014, but now this platform is done for them. Time to move on. I own a 2011, and plan to keep it a long time. However, this new design still shows "Mustang" to me. Will I buy one? Most likely, maybe in 2016, when there are used ones from 2015 around. I look forward to seeing a Boss, Shelby, and maybe a Mach version produced on this 2015 platform.

+1

41 - 60 of 628 Posts