Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Of course it's time for a design change, that's the way the cycle works.
But this is the 50th Anniversary!!!
Think about that for a sec.
It's supposed to invoke the excitement and 'gotta have one' of the original on April 17,1964. This should stir up new iPhone or PS4 excitement in the muscle car world. It falls short.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad I pulled the trigger on my 14. After seeing all the renders with the "side" window integrated into the door window, I knew what I wanted to do. I got my 14 GT with side window louvers and love them!

·
Registered
43 Posts
What if everything that's been leaked is all just a fake to throw people off and come midnight December 5th Ford releases the most bad ass Mustang of all?!?! Wouldn't that be something

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
+1

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

The 2015 looks more like an evolution (no pun) than a revolution...I'm hoping it looks better in person ..,maybe it's not photogenic
Lol when I did online dating for a couple months that's what I told myself about the girls pictures.

What I learned is this: not photogenic = not visualgenic IRL

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
What if everything that's been leaked is all just a fake to throw people off and come midnight December 5th Ford releases the most bad ass Mustang of all?!?! Wouldn't that be something
Yes that would be bro and come midnight December 5th my schwantz grew to 12 inches and be the most bad a$$ 12 incher out there. Now that would be something! Lmao.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It takes time for people to accept a new look. My wife hated the Taurus when it came on the market and started the jellybean look. The 75 Mustang is hated by many today because of the gutless engine options, but it was a bold move that sold almost as many as the original Mustang. The new Mustang is not much different in size, with a 200 lb loss of weight and IRS. It looks to be a much better performing car than than its competitors. Within a couple of months, Roush and Shelby will transform the body into works of art. The 50th anniversary bashes will be full of demonstrations about the car and how it can be modded.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
The 2015 mustang will definitely sell and sell well I would imagine. Its a nice looking car and will perform exceptional well. I think for many 2010 to 2014 owners this next generation will not send us running to list our current model on eBay or Craig's list. The design is nice but nothing that's a must have, can't live without this new mustang feeling. If I already didn't own an 11 mustang and was in the market for a sports coupe, I would most likely buy the 2015 mustang.

Would I personally sell my current stang to have this next generation stang, HECK NO. Ford has to do a more radical exterior design change for me to sell my already paid for 11 and go back into car debt. Lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They should have brought back New Edge and called it Newer Edge.

Shame. I'm sure the design will grow on me but it'll take a while. It's too bad, because the engine options and IRS sound absolutely awesome.

If the design doesn't grow on me (I hear the GT and other models may look more aggressive) then I'll probably be looking for a '14 GT, Boss 302, or a Terminator Cobra for my next car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From the poor quality pictures of magazine pictures, Id say its hard to tell. Some scanned pics would be nice but we'll all get better ones tomorrow. I think i like the 15 mustang, but Ill have to see it in person to make judgement. Will it keep me from picking up a 13 or 14 GT? Maybe maybe not, still undecided.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Rear qtr looks like it's already been backed into. Why all those weird contours?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Really glad I got a '13.

The front is pure Taurus (which looks good on a Taurus but not so great here). The headlights are neat, but very Audi-ish. Do not like the hood, the vents do not seem to match this new style. The side profile looks interesting, a bit more curvy than the last iteration. Do not like that rear end at all.

You can definitely see that it is a bit smaller than the '13 and '14 body style, especially around the A pillar.

I'd like to see if they are bringing back the GT styled fogs (the grill mounted ones) or if they are sticking to the GT/CS type down in the lower corners.

I think this mustang says 'Audi' a little too much for an American Icon like the Mustang. That might have been what Ford was aiming at (and good for them, I hope it sells well in Europe!) but I don't think I'll be doing anything more than looking at them and shaking my head.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Anyone notice that the leaked photos don't have emblems on the fenders (5.0 or GT)....could mean the GT will look a bit better...hope so...in any case, Ford used the Audi S5; 370Z; Hyundai Genesis Coupe; Challenger; Camaro for design inspiration...obviously the Aston Martin was part of the mix....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yup, too much Audi influence, especially the side body creases and the headlights. I love Audi, but that design doesn't belong on a Ford Mustang

61 - 80 of 628 Posts