Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 100 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Not attracted to this stang. The back looks great but the side looks like a damn 350z mixed with hyundai's genesis. Front looks like a Taurus. Ew

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have had a deposit for a "50th anniversary" Mustang since July!

I do like what I see, I am a Convertible buyer, so I want to see how the "C" pillar gets chopped for the drop top.

There is some "Mustang" styling to the design, some Aston Martin, some Jag, and double 5 spoke wheels are nice.

I like the "better than a Boss 302 performance" Now I want order guides, color availability, when do they begin production? DETAILS, DETAILS! I am home in the morning, GMA, I shall watch you tomorrow, no matter how bad your show is, I shall watch.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Here it is...
This one is from American muscle, they confirmed this is the mustang. I'm really disappointed. I expected so much more, this new gen was going to be my present for getting through college in a year or so. Now I guess I'm gettin a 14.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I like it a lot. I have a 14 GT TP and still dig it. Looks like a Japanese mustang gt. I dig it.
'Japanese' and 'Mustang GT' should never be used In the same sentence. Smh.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I really like the back. Those taillights are gorgeous. And I also love how it has gone back to a sort of fast back look. The three LEDs in the front hedlights also look very nice. Overall I would say that I like it with a few exceptions, the headlights/front is too Euro for me. And the side profile is a not as sleek and "fast" looking which i dont like.

One thing to keep in mind, this is the base model that we are seeing renderings of. So don't compare this to the bada$$ models of the current gen (like the GT500). Once we see some V8 models, and once we see the performance specs, I think it'll be very reassuring.

Just remember how much people hated the new Stingray at first. "It looks like a GTR" "it looks like a viper", etc.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I think the only good thing that came out of this change is the shed of 200 pounds and IRS. This car will be a monster, say goodbye even more, camaro.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Now I am happy in my decision to take advantage of all the Ford incentives I got on my 2014. Paid 28,900, all in, for my Base GT with Track Pack and Sync. (no sales tax here in NH. :)
From a looks standpoint the new car is not far from the 2014 look. It is just a wider lower version of what I have. Looks like they shortened the roof and window height. At 6"5" tall lower is not usually good for me. The back seat looks to be more useless but not that this would matter to me. A two seater now for sure though.
I like the look of the rear diffuser but a diffuser is just for show unless the entire undercarriage is covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
'Japanese' and 'Mustang GT' should never be used In the same sentence. Smh.
Meh, I'm smelling what your stepping in, but I love me some Jap "muscle", too. I think the car still looks like a Mustang, but improved. Knowing Ford, this thing will have some kinks to work out. My 14 still has similar TSBs as some earlier models.

ymmv,

~F

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm with everyone else. Not really impressed, I was holding out on a 5.0 until I saw the new body style. At this point I don't know to run out and try and get a 14 model or hold out for a while and see what the different versions look like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That AM picture is way more flattering imo. The back end kind of looks like a 66 fastback the way the rear fenders bulge away from the rear posts/window.

Im warming to it...

81 - 100 of 628 Posts