Mustang Evolution Forum banner

101 - 120 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was able to use 2,500 in incentives on my 2014 bought mid November. Plus when I sent my email address to Ford via their website they sent me a 750 certificate. The dealer sold me the car below Ford employee invoice...don't ask me how but they did. I suspect as we get close to the delivery of the 2015 that the incentives may improve a bit.
Just don't wait to long to find the car you want. There were only a handful of 2014 base models with track pack and sync only. I had to fly from NH to Maryland to get mine in my preferred dark grey color.

·
Registered
351 Posts
No one is happy with a new design of an icon. The big thing I have noticed is the lack of side scoops in the body shape. That will probably be one of the first add-on offerings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sure hope it turns out to be the MT rendition instead, an American Icon turned Euro is no longer an American Icon. This would be an improvement over what has been posted to me:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/wot/should-the-next-gen-2015-ford-mustang-look-like-this-198443/55252667/2015-Ford-Mustang-Rendering-rear-three-quarter-motion.jpg
I can buy a G37/370Z right now if that was the look I was after = sports car
These pictures do not show a Muscle Car.
Jonhttp://image.motortrend.com/f/wot/should-the-next-gen-2015-ford-mustang-look-like-this-198443/55252667/2015-Ford-Mustang-Rendering-rear-three-quarter-motion.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wonder how it handles? If they took 200 lbs off the front, curious if that was to try and offset some of the weight increase from the IRS. If optimal weight distribution is 50/50, a move like this would make some sense...

·
Registered
567 Posts
If you ask me that sh*t looks awesome, I think once you see one decked out with tinted windows wheels etc...it will grow on some.

I love how the rear quarter window looks, tinted in that pic.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you ask me that sh*t looks awesome, I think once you see one decked out with tinted windows wheels etc...it will grow on some. I love how the rear quarter window looks, tinted in that pic.
I really need to see it in the metal before final judgement

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like that their bringing back the side window with the quarter attached but the car jus looks too tall I hope they change that BC right now all I see is a Hyundai Tiburon from the side anyone else see it? that back window also needs to loose that ugly bottom frame lolll I love the tail tho looks awesome specially that valace on the bottom

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I like that their bringing back the side window with the quarter attached but the car jus looks too tall I hope they change that BC right now all I see is a Hyundai Tiburon from the side anyone else see it? that back window also needs to loose that ugly bottom frame lolll I love the tail tho looks awesome specially that valace on the bottom
YES! Looks exactly like a tiburon. I said genesis because I forgot the name of he tiburon.. Around the same thing tho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The earlier spy photos left me worried that it was going to be a 2-door Taurus, as Lowflyin and TommyV noted. So I rushed out and ordered a 2014. Phew! Good call.

@ skl1cent: Yep, Tiburon rear end--I see it. Maybe they hired Hyundai designers.

2014 Mustang GT
Grabber Blue
Recaro
Brembo

·
Registered
21 Posts
It must suck to be a hard working designer, spend years designing a car and then have enthusiasts be less than elated with your work.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I think the bigger story on this next generation stang will be the 4 banger turbo. I predict Ford will sell more 4 banger units in US sales over the 3.7 and 5.0 units. Not combined but more units than the other two engine options. People who are huge fans of turbos know you can't beat a factor turbo set up compared to a aftermarket turbo setup. This car will sell well especially with the ricer ,4 banger turbo enthusiasts. Sure someone who only thinks a mustang should be a V8 will only buy V8 but a V6 guy will easily turn to a 4 banger turbo if it's faster and better fuel mileage. I think that's gonna really take off and shine. A car that can be easily modified to handle more boost to an already factory turbo will sell. My guess its the WrX, Sti and Mitts Evo market Ford will tap into and there will be a zillion aftermarket kits and mods for it.
Not sure what numbers the 4 banger will have but if its rocking 310 HP and 36 mpg highway, look out sales.

101 - 120 of 628 Posts