Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been covered before, but I didn't see it. I was wondering what you guys think they're gonna charge for the '15 GT. Everything always seems to go up a little every year but with a redesign, it being the 50th anniversary and the IRS being added it seems like it would go up even more. Has there been prices for the '14? Did it go up at all?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I don't know if this has been covered before, but I didn't see it. I was wondering what you guys think they're gonna charge for the '15 GT. Everything always seems to go up a little every year but with a redesign, it being the 50th anniversary and the IRS being added it seems like it would go up even more. Has there been prices for the '14? Did it go up at all?
They went up like $500 on the GT's I think. I'm sure the 15's will have a bigger jump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
every one is going to pay more, thats why i want to see a mustang that a lot lighter, 2500 lbs. no a/c or heater, no carpet, two seats, alum. front end, you know a race car.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
It'll go up like the price goes up every year. I don't think it'll go up too much though. They're going to want to stay competitive with the Camaro. So if the price goes too high, they'll lose some potential buyers. Plus it's a Mustang. Supposed to be an affordable sports car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hears my question regarding pricing of the '15: what about standard equipment? Now that HIDs, LED accents, and LED tails are standard across the range (just hitting exterior here) who thinks they keep that with the new model or who thinks they'll revert back to have cheaper configurations on more base models? I think they'd be nuts to make the new model "cheaper" but theses kinds of decisions are made well above my pay grade ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hears my question regarding pricing of the '15: what about standard equipment? Now that HIDs, LED accents, and LED tails are standard across the range (just hitting exterior here) who thinks they keep that with the new model or who thinks they'll revert back to have cheaper configurations on more base models? I think they'd be nuts to make the new model "cheaper" but theses kinds of decisions are made well above my pay grade ;)
I want them to keep the standard equipment. I mean that stuff is starting to become standard on a lot of new cars. I'm just worried about them jacking it up too much cuz of the new IRS and it being a redesign and the 50th anniversary.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I want them to keep the standard equipment. I mean that stuff is starting to become standard on a lot of new cars. I'm just worried about them jacking it up too much cuz of the new IRS and it being a redesign and the 50th anniversary.
Unless they release as a '14.5 I don't see it being a 50th, and with the IRS they'll just be catching up with the Camaro and making the spec sheet more globally appealing so I don't see them jacking the price for that. I wish I had some inside info on this stuff (not that I'd be able to share) like how I saw the new Fusion a couple of years ago, but they've kept this one from us so far...

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Unless they release as a '14.5 I don't see it being a 50th, and with the IRS they'll just be catching up with the Camaro and making the spec sheet more globally appealing so I don't see them jacking the price for that. I wish I had some inside info on this stuff (not that I'd be able to share) like how I saw the new Fusion a couple of years ago, but they've kept this one from us so far...
So if its not a 14.5 then they won't do an ani car? That doesn't seem to make much sense at all..?
Am I misunderstanding what your saying?

It'll be a 35k and up car with all that standard stuff.. W/o those HID's and LED's etc there's now way they can compete in the European market and the car IS going there so........

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They're gonna have to do an anniversary car, whether it be a '14.5 or the '15 I just didn't think they would do a half year.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So if its not a 14.5 then they won't do an ani car? That doesn't seem to make much sense at all..?
Am I misunderstanding what your saying?
No problem I'll clarify: it was pointed out in another thread that all the anniversary models of late have been x4 and x9 model years. With the 14s already being out (or at least order-able) they *should* be the anni model but I haven't read anything. I only mentioned the 14.5 because of the original being a 64.5 model.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe they'll finally just make 0's and 5's

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Make them the anniversary year that is.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
No problem I'll clarify: it was pointed out in another thread that all the anniversary models of late have been x4 and x9 model years. With the 14s already being out (or at least order-able) they *should* be the anni model but I haven't read anything. I only mentioned the 14.5 because of the original being a 64.5 model.
Right.. I think I was one of those who pointed that out.. I think I also went on to explain why the 15' makes the most sense as the ani car/year..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Right.. I think I was one of those who pointed that out.. I think I also went on to explain why the 15' makes the most sense as the ani car/year..
Meh, I'm sure we could go back and forth on this and pricing forever but its my opinion that it would look foolish to suddenly change how they count years for the anni, and even more foolish to have the starting pricing be nearly $3k over the Camaro. It might not seem like a huge gap but consumers would notice.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
No need to go back and forth, here is a copy/paste of my comments from awhile back and I still feel this is the logic that will be followed. The 14 will be out soon and the questions will be answered.

A 1/2 year model to start in hindsight may not have been the best idea.. Or worst for that matter.. Sure has made for some interesting convo/debate. But to do an ani car in 14' with a redesign 15' would be an awful idea.. It would not make any sense at all.. Ppl would be steered away from both 14' ani cars because of the pending redesign and steered away from the 15' because of the ani car the prior year(14'). It just wouldn't be logical at all... Then you'd have ppl like me who would be turned off from both based simply on the obvious mishandling of the entire situation if the 14' were the ani and the 15' the redesign.. Hope this makes sense to more then just me..

And a 1/2 year model this late(50years later) is just entirely impractical IMO.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I still feel this is the logic that will be followed. The 14 will be out soon and the questions will be answered.
I'm not denying that your idea makes logical sense, but when dealing with a major corporation already set in its ways you can usually throw logic out the window. They've already shown with the 40th that model refreshes don't matter with timings of anni releases.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts