Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So i just bought a Stage three from Alabama yesterday and drove it home to Texas last night. i have a few issues that may be my fault may be previous owners fault or quality issues. please help with any suggestions on fixes. This is my third stand by the way. 01 GT, 11 Brembo GT, 15 S3

1) bumping or knocking when shifting the gears at low speeds? kind of a muffled bump between most of the gears. Ive heard on videos the gear box is clunky?

2) I may have scrapped the lower splitter pulling out of a gas station then at some point got up tp 120 or so. well several miles down the road i rolled the windows down and heard a noise. pulled over and it was the splitter and belly pan rubbing the road. Have they had problems at high speeds tearing off? Im not a 100% i hit it pulling out but i am new to a lowered(this low) car.

theres more and will address later. thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2015 RS3 (#418). Have had it up to 150mph multiple times at a track date I did in October - no issues with splitter or belly pan. At Nashville Superspeedway road course, there were some pretty rough transitions from the banking to the flat and I had no issues at all.
As far as your trans/shifter issue, I think the stock shifter is a little (I mean very little) sloppy and I'm considering an upgrade. Nothing else out of the ordinary.
Sorry man. Hope someone can help you out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shifts fine. Just a weird bump underneath when you shift. Im fairly certain me or the previous owner broke or scraped the splitter before and then i finished it off.

at high speeds does your hood shake? i pulled over and and it was fully shut. I'm hoping i can make some adjustments. tighten it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts