Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 186 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
DaBluedude said:
I have to remind people all the time that the mustang for the majority of its life has not been a retro classic muscle car design. It was forward thinking and pressing forward untill the s197 which they brought out to capitalize on baby boomer wealth and generation y big spenders. I'm more than ready for them to make a forward thinking and updated car focused more on the sports car. Fear not though. If you want a classic muscle car feel then there's lots of s197s available and there will be parts for a long time.
BAZINGA! Give this man a prize!!!
+^

·
Registered
23 Posts
This thing looks like an Ashton Martin mixed with a lancer with a lotus like body, not sure if gusta... Doesn't really look like a muscle car if you ask me. I'll stick to the 10-13 models if this is to come.

ForumRunner_20121016_105458.png

·
Registered
338 Posts
Everything has to be refreshened and updated in time. Some may like it, some wont.
I personally like the old retro look of the original.
But Ill have to wait and see what the next gen will really look like, in person.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
asmith2109 said:
This thing looks like an Ashton Martin mixed with a lancer with a lotus like body, not sure if gusta... Doesn't really look like a muscle car if you ask me. I'll stick to the 10-13 models if this is to come.
Wow, I love that azz! I'd trade my 12 in a heartbeat. Everyone is so concerned about having a "muscle car" look. Besides the S197 I don't think the Mustang has looked very much like a "muscle car" for awhile. Fox body? SN95? New Edge? None of those looked like a "muscle car" imo. Anyways, everyones got different taste so they can't make everyone happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DaBluedude said:
I have to remind people all the time that the mustang for the majority of its life has not been a retro classic muscle car design. It was forward thinking and pressing forward untill the s197 which they brought out to capitalize on baby boomer wealth and generation y big spenders. I'm more than ready for them to make a forward thinking and updated car focused more on the sports car. Fear not though. If you want a classic muscle car feel then there's lots of s197s available and there will be parts for a long time.
I see what your saying man, and now I don't feel so bad about it, we'll done sir 👍

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
What is an Ashton Martin? And Aston is falling behind, they need to get their game up over all.

I do not mind any renderings, what they do will look decent. I am more concerned about losing the live rear axle, and the Mustang turning into something like a celica, or camaro, or charger, with a small engine-no power, auto trans, maybe flappy paddles, and becoming soft. I think it is going in a good direction, I just hope it stays good.

I will most likely not buy another Mustang unless it is a daily driver. An aftermarket, yes, Roush, Shelby, MAYBE Saleen. I do not believe one fiber of these bull crap claims.

Really? Ford let this guy take their car out? And drive in front of it andhave someone else take a photo? There is only ome shot? NO ONE ELSE SAW IT.

Think GTR. One blurry photo traveled the world over the first time they took it out. This is not the 2015, rather a 15 year old in his basement laughing.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Nygreenmachine said:
I read that they're only making the 4 cylinder and a high powered v6
Ah hell no if they come out a 4 cylinder as a base and a 6 cylinder as a top model, I will never buy another mustang again...

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

asmith2109 said:
If they look like that, then I hope mustang gets discontinued, because the only a pos like that could do is ruin the mustang name. :.pissed-off:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Supersnake04 said:
Ah hell no if they come out a 4 cylinder as a base and a 6 cylinder as a top model, I will never buy another mustang again...

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

If they look like that, then I hope mustang gets discontinued, because the only a pos like that could do is ruin the mustang name. :.pissed-off:
I honestly doubt the v8 is going anywhere....
The v6 however :'( replaced by a 4 cyl :'(
Brings tears to my eyes

·
Registered
517 Posts
asmith2109 said:
Actually, there is not enough change in that mock-up... Anyone scared by that photo is gonna Shiite their pants with the concept and feint with the production. That has the same c-pillar. It's a half-assed drarrring done Friday afternoon. Trust me, quote me, it won't look like that starting just aft of the rear wheel

Stop with this 'looks like an Aston' crap! Love the (mustang) model? Know the freakin car company!

Ford owned Aston from 94 to 07. If you don't know what PAG is, then google it. Come on! Ford owned Aston and SAVED Aston with that same design! Go to the UK and find that they REVERE the focus more than we love our stangs. Ford has done more in Europe over the last 20 years than Benz has done in the US. This car has Ford Europe involved; not the bs spy photo, but the development team. That is the same team that saved Aston, range rover and jag (that one is a 'kinda'). They are not stealing anything! Bring it home, yes. Ford is more dynamic than any other car company in the world. This will again be a wtf moment when it is released... They understand (after the last 5.0) that 'mericans won't settle for crap hp/to numbers, and euros want to turn really fast. The fact they want to cater to us both has me salivating

·
Registered
456 Posts
I can remember in '87 when ford released the new rounded style F150. People's first impression was that they hated it. NOW it's among some the favorite body styles. There is going to be people who hate the new Mustang and people who love it. In the end I believe Ford will not let us down. Keep the V8 in the GT and if they go to IRS give us the option to put a live axle in. Be it a drag race package or room under there for aftermarket parts.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
I can remember in '87 when ford released the new rounded style F150. People's first impression was that they hated it. NOW it's among some the favorite body styles. There is going to be people who hate the new Mustang and people who love it. In the end I believe Ford will not let us down. Keep the V8 in the GT and if they go to IRS give us the option to put a live axle in. Be it a drag race package or room under there for aftermarket parts.
I remember my friends hated the headlights. Looking back, I like it. Have to say I really like the new F150's.

+1 for IRS and drag race pack

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Supersnake04 said:
Mustang is not supposed to be some *******-a$$ euro pos its supposed to be a muscle car
Power/weight ratio and being able to take turns...that doesn't bug me. Things will always change, some body style peopenlike, others don't. I don't like fox bodies and I can't stand the look of 2005-2009. But i appreciate that they led to the 10-14 look.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Until we see them in person, the "spy shots"will never be accurate... Especially in this photoshop age.

Everyone seems to hate major departures. I didn't like the 2010/11 body (especially the big a$$). But then... It grew on me. Now I love it.

I think ford will still do the mustang proud.

And don't forget, IRS has graced some bad ass stangs.

I think it will be a nice blend.

I would like to see a premium v8 vehicle of the evos body style to compete with higher end sports cars and keep the mustang an affordable muscle car.

Ohh and while ford is at it, bring back the Ford GT sportin' the new 5.8 supercharged beast!!!!

61 - 80 of 186 Posts