Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 100 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The term euro design is silly. Think the current vette looks bad? Nope. Park it by a Ferrari 575 and debafge them then ask 1000 ppl to identify the vette. Bet most can't. If Ford wants to sleek out the mustang a bit I say go for it. The market they are going after is simultaneously more upscale (baby boomers with money for sophisticated cars) and young money looking for a all rounder sports car. Want a old school muscle car? Buy one. They are not going to build you a brand new classic. If the concept car car and driver printed this month was the new mustang I would put my phone down for one right now. That hood is big enough for the big v8s and it looks throughly modern to me. Then I'll go kill some exotics and all the other current muscle cars with it.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Well they got the picture in 05-09, never in it's existence has it been a sleek as$ sports car, I love euro stuff hell I have 3 BMWs 325ci, m3, 328i, but when you try to fit that $hit on a mustang. :disgust:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
It's a slightly re-tooled 1998 Supra. If Ford wants a euro-concept, then design and build one. But don't screw up the Mustang while doing it. It's the same crap they tried when they were going to replace the mustang with the probe. They want a global platform like they did with the latest Fiesta. It's an economic decision not a consumer decision.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Economics always trumps what a small market segment wants. Always.
True on economics, but I'm not sure about the Mustang market being a small market segment. Also trying to build a better BMW or Nissan doesn't make any sense either. You're not going to win over very many of those customers. Making a small eco car global makes sense, it's a different market. For people that drive BMW's, porche's, Mustang's, Camaro's, Challenger's, etc. it's a more personal thing, not just a means of getting from one place to another on the least amount of gas only.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
True on economics, but I'm not sure about the Mustang market being a small market segment. Also trying to build a better BMW or Nissan doesn't make any sense either. You're not going to win over very many of those customers. Making a small eco car global makes sense, it's a different market. For people that drive BMW's, porche's, Mustang's, Camaro's, Challenger's, etc. it's a more personal thing, not just a means of getting from one place to another on the least amount of gas only.
I mean the market segment for mustang owners that want only classics.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
DaBluedude said:
I mean the market segment for mustang owners that want only classics.
I think everyone thinks that just because you complain about some euro trash direction that all they want is a 67 fastback with modern engine. I love the classics, I have a 67, but I love my 07, it's a blast. I don't expect the mustang not to evolve. But it should maintain some elements of a mustang. No matter what the design, when someone sees it and hears it, they should know its a mustang. That's the whole point.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
I think everyone thinks that just because you complain about some euro trash direction that all they want is a 67 fastback with modern engine. I love the classics, I have a 67, but I love my 07, it's a blast. I don't expect the mustang not to evolve. But it should maintain some elements of a mustang. No matter what the design, when someone sees it and hears it, they should know its a mustang. That's the whole point.
Exactly!!!!! +10000000000

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Read the article about it on their website. It'll have a turbo 4 @240 and a V6 and the Coyote. People don't avoid a mustang because of the mpg very often. Why would some pay more for a 4 vs. a more HP V6? They speculate that it's engine bay is too small for the SC 5.8 GT500 motor and that it will be a twin turbo coyote 5.0.

Looks like some punk kid installed a pony emblem on the grill because he it would look cool.

Ford has been invaded by Design eating Euro-Rice Trash.

·
Registered
202 Posts
In my own personal opinion I'd love for them to revamp the fox body style as a limited edition mustang. To me that would be awesome.

81 - 100 of 186 Posts