Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys,

I have just began modding my 2017 Mustang GT with the basic bolt-ons like the CAI, X-pipe, and Borlas ATAKS. I also got a sweet tune by Ortiz Performance 93 octane fuel. I just feel like the car is still super slow. It should be a low 12 second if not high 11.9X car with drag radials, but in the street the car feels slow. I just got taken to gapple bees by a Charger Scat Pack a few days back. Does anyone feel the 2017 Mustang GTs are super slow? Or am I the issue? Does my car need a driver Mod? Any feedback would be great. Automatic 3.55 gears if that adds any insight.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Have you ever taken the car to the track to get a time?
It could be that the Dodge was unusually fast.

In any case, a good dose of boost will usually solve your problems....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever taken the car to the track to get a time?
It could be that the Dodge was unusually fast.

In any case, a good dose of boost will usually solve your problems....
Honestly bro I haven't taken the car to the track. I'm just relying more on similar setups with the same tuning shop. Maybe the Scat Pack was modified. You're right though, some boost will fix any speed issues I may have hahah.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Your catback and CAI are not worth anything and the tune could also be a problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your catback and CAI are not worth anything and the tune could also be a problem.
The tune definitely woke up the car. Way more responsive than the stock tune. I just expected more from it. Similar cars tuned by Ortiz running low 12s even 11.9X at sea level. I just don't feel like my car is what I thought. Not sure if they're just slower model years or my car has issues. Run fines just doesn't perform like I had hoped.

·
Registered
814 Posts
My 14 GT500 seemed slow when it was delivered, it's all according to what you're used to..

Reactions: Luis1991

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah man, you are right. I should appreciate what I have. That's puts things into perspective. Thanks 👍

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
The tune definitely woke up the car. Way more responsive than the stock tune.
Based on what? Your tuner could have just turned up the sensitivity in the throttle. It would make the car feel more responsive but in fact not be any faster. How was the cam timing adjusted? What was done with the timing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Based on what? Your tuner could have just turned up the sensitivity in the throttle. It would make the car feel more responsive but in fact not be any faster. How was the cam timing adjusted? What was done with the timing?
That a good question. I am not sure. I'm basing it on how it felt before and after the tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts