Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 2018 Intake manifold and Throttle body. I won't be installing it until spring. Car is in Storage here in Canada. What I would like to know is if I can use my stock air intake with the wider throttle body? Will it fit and line up? I really dont want to buy a CAI but I may have to for this to work. I am also buying a tune for this install.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
469 Posts
I put a ported 18 intake on my 11' but with the stock throttle body so im not sure but I'd assume it depends on the coupler on your intake

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok its going to drive me nuts for next 3-4 months. I was hoping it would fit as the 2018 throttle body is a little larger.
arena314, How did the 2018 manifold work on your 11? What tune did you use for it?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got a tune from vmp through my sct x4. the install was pretty simple it took about 3 hours total. vmp set my limiter to 7700 rpm and I didnt need any revisions after my first tune. I can tell you after switching from bama it's a HUGE difference. the tune is spot on the car runs absolutely great and pulls like a freight train. The 18 intake and good tune really made a difference with my car it really impressed me more then I thought it would. there is a video on youtube with step by step instructions follow that and you'll be good. make sure to get imrc lockouts for the 11-14 model as they are pretty much necessary and itll be pointless to try to utilize them. Next step for me is a paxton but I honestly love my setup after the 18 intake and I'm a little reluctant to change it because it's so perfect lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great. Can t wait for my install. On the 2012 manifold, you disconnected the 3 wires from the back of the manifold. Do you reconnect them to the 2018 mani? Or do I just leave them not connected? Did you trim the piece of the intake so the one water bolt doesnt rub?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
SO DID YOU EVER DO THE SWAP ? and use the new throttle body or the old one ? how about injectors the originals or the 18"s ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
sorry for such a late response, If not installed yet I used a water neck off of a 15+ coyote mustang (bought on tasca). it will clear using both bolts on a 15+ water neck. I used my factory 11 throttle body and injectors. car ran great na and runs even better with the Paxton now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great thanks. I m going to install next weekend. Snows melting fast. Need something to do since we are not allowed to go anywhere

1 - 8 of 8 Posts