Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try this yet ? I heard it makes substantial gains , better and a lot cheaper than the Boss ??

·
Registered
182 Posts
the 18 manifold is good but the best one is the cobra jet manifold.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Unported,the 2018 manifold is slightly behind the Cobra Jet as far as peak power goes.
Ported, the 2018 manifold produces slightly more horsepower and torque than the Cobra Jet.
They both produce very similar numbers, but the 2018 is by far the better bargain, even after paying for the porting.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Vmp has a good video on there YouTube that shows a very good comparison between a few of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
182 Posts
Both shaun from AED and alex from VMP say that cj intake manifold is the best. the cj beats the gt350 manifold by 2 tenths of a sec in the 1/4 mile. cant remember if the 18 manifold is slightly better or slightly worse then the gt350. also the cj only works with manual transmission so thats a down side to it. as long as you dont get the boss manifold you're good.

So you would need a cold air intake from an 18 GT, but what about throttle body? Would the gt350 87mm throttle body work its 140ish or pay $499 for a 18 GT bbk 85mm throttle body ?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Both shaun from AED and alex from VMP say that cj intake manifold is the best. the cj beats the gt350 manifold by 2 tenths of a sec in the 1/4 mile. cant remember if the 18 manifold is slightly better or slightly worse then the gt350. also the cj only works with manual transmission so thats a down side to it. as long as you dont get the boss manifold you're good.

So you would need a cold air intake from an 18 GT, but what about throttle body? Would the gt350 87mm throttle body work its 140ish or pay $499 for a 18 GT bbk 85mm throttle body ?
Smh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ya you are correct stampe i just talked to shaun from aed just reading on all the websites seemed like it didnt work with the auto.

Rapinator you dont have to be a dick. still learning things about the 11-14 gt.

So all thats needed to fit the 18 manifold on a 11-14 is a CAI made for an 18 GT, the IMRC Deletes, the gt350 87mm throttle body or the stock 18 gt throttle body correct? No throttle body adapter or spacer?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
So all thats needed to fit the 18 manifold on a 11-14 is a CAI made for an 18 GT, the IMRC Deletes, the gt350 87mm throttle body or the stock 18 gt throttle body correct? No throttle body adapter or spacer?
You can just use your stock throttle body. One from a 2018 GT is not necessary.

I believe that the comparison tests are being performed using the stock GT throttle body on all of the various manifolds. If this is in fact the case, it is possible that the GT350 manifold is being handicapped by using a smaller throttle body than the 87mm that it was originally designed for, which could, perhaps, skew the results a bit.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
It will... but don't ever trust anything on the AM site... bunch of morons.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Alex from vmp has a good video on you tube about the 2018 intake ...I was interested in that also as the price is right but as far as intakes goes the cj is the ticket

·
Registered
30 Posts
I looked on Auto Mafia Racing's site. They have the 2018 manifold, ported, with lock outs and pigtails for $738.It was tested against the CJ, Boss 302; GT350. The CJ and ported manifold torque & HP numbers are nearly identical. These dyno tests were done by VMP. The unported 2018 stock manifold pulled only 5 HP less than the ported & CJ manifolds. The unported manifold with both the lock outs and pigtails is $488. That's quite a bit less than the ported & CJ manifolds for 5 HP less. I believe that the lock outs are required for all Coyotes, but the pigtails are only required for the 2015-17s. I could be wrong on that though. I've looked around a little. The cheapest CJ manifold is starting at $1000., and you will still need to buy a new air inlet setup. Unless you're just looking for that "look" that a CJ manifold gives you, my money is on the 2018 GT manifold, ported or unported.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can get a ported 18 manifold from a company that promotes on facebook for 550 shipped to you. i will look up the link another day. Also you can have anthony porting reyes port your 18 manifold for $150 he is well known for porting the 11-14 v6 manifolds. Check out ford dealers online alot of them sell the 18 manifold for under $300 while all mustang performance part websites sell them for $329 to $399.

The imrc lockouts are need for an 11-14 coyote. The pigtails are only needed for 15-17.

https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-parts/ford-intake-manifold-jr3z9424a

https://www.pfeifferwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/ford-intake-manifold-jr3z9424a

1 - 20 of 26 Posts