Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hello

Any idea when we will get pricing and ordering information?
Regardless of when this car will actually become available, if you are serious about getting one right when they become a reality — get yourself down to the Ford dealer NOW. You will only be negotiating how far over MSRP you will be paying. You will give them a $5,000 to $10,000 down payment for them to hold until the ordering information is firmed up, and at that point your $$’s will be applied to a real car on which you can choose from what is going to likely be a VERY limited options list to get your car equipped the way you desire.
Don’t be surprised if the dealer allocation is already spoken for and you are going to have to wait until you “may” be able to get a 2021......many dealers will not even get one of these, and many others ‘may’ be allowed just one.
You will also likely have to agree to let it be on the showroom floor for a couple of months after they get it in stock to drive foot traffic.

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
Regardless of when this car will actually become available, if you are serious about getting one right when they become a reality — get yourself down to the Ford dealer NOW. You will only be negotiating how far over MSRP you will be paying. You will give them a $5,000 to $10,000 down payment for them to hold until the ordering information is firmed up, and at that point your $$’s will be applied to a real car on which you can choose from what is going to likely be a VERY limited options list to get your car equipped the way you desire.
Don’t be surprised if the dealer allocation is already spoken for and you are going to have to wait until you “may” be able to get a 2021......many dealers will not even get one of these, and many others ‘may’ be allowed just one.
You will also likely have to agree to let it be on the showroom floor for a couple of months after they get it in stock to drive foot traffic.
I remember back in 2004 the dealers had lotteries for the Ford GT. Some of the real big ones had guaranteed allocations but not all of them. One of the little dealers near me in Delaware found out they "won" an allocation and the salesman who was taking care of my roomate for his brand new 2004 Mustang GT purchase told us that it was sold literally 5 minutes after they found out they were getting it. Rich dude locally had already told them that he was buying it regardless and he probably was not the only one lol.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I remember back in 2004 the dealers had lotteries for the Ford GT. Some of the real big ones had guaranteed allocations but not all of them. One of the little dealers near me in Delaware found out they "won" an allocation and the salesman who was taking care of my roomate for his brand new 2004 Mustang GT purchase told us that it was sold literally 5 minutes after they found out they were getting it. Rich dude locally had already told them that he was buying it regardless and he probably was not the only one lol.
Those lucky enough to get a Ford GT back then sure are making out like thieves now on the auction circuit....they are selling for 2 or 3 times their MSRP. I don’t see that happening with the GT 500 for many, many years, if ever.
If Ford severely restricts the numbers of the car (say, a couple of hundred or less) then they may be worth more more quickly. But if they make them to order, they are just going to be another used car for many years. I have not heard what Ford’s intent is as far as production numbers on the GT 500, have you?

·
Registered
742 Posts
The nose is UUUGGLY!!! The wing is Extra Stupid. Rest of the car is OK. Going to stay with the new Bullitt. What were they thinking. To me it looks like a Lexus sports car with an old Supra wing.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The nose is UUUGGLY!!! The wing is Extra Stupid. Rest of the car is OK. Going to stay with the new Bullitt. What were they thinking. To me it looks like a Lexus sports car with an old Supra wing.
If the black bumper section that crosses that big mouth bass grill were painted body color (any Photoshop experts here who could post a pic of that?) it might mitigate that front end somewhat......and a spoiler delete option like the WRX has might not be a bad idea, as so few of these are ever going to be driven at a speed where they’d need it for stability......

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
TBTH the amount of money these are going for now, even the Bullitts are crazy IMO. I'm seeing garage queen 700whp 07-12 GT500s going for sub $35k or get you a real low mileage unmolested 11-14 for like $20k. I mean I get ppl like new stuff and whatever but like... there is only so much performance that can get used on the street. Your basic entry level modded Gen1 Coyote is still a fast as hell street car for almost anyone out there.

At the prices these things are all going for it just makes me want to keep my New Edge and not having a car payment even more... $0/mo car payment and $40/mo insurance on 2 vehicles has kinda turned me off to ever having a car payment again.

Then again, I doubt a ton of 2020 GT500 buyers are gonna be financing it... well... I'm sure some will...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts