Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
My water pump just started leaking in earnest today (~75k miles). It's had the revised hose on the degas bottle for a couple of years, but I suspect some damage was already done. It's been hella hot lately, so that might have been what caused the pump to kick the bucket. Ordering the repair kit now...

How much of a bear is it to burp the system?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
My water pump just started leaking in earnest today (~75k miles). It's had the revised hose on the degas bottle for a couple of years, but I suspect some damage was already done. It's been hella hot lately, so that might have been what caused the pump to kick the bucket. Ordering the repair kit now...

Most of the time it will burp on its own. I've 'never' had to, but one of my friends cars needed to be burped :). I told him to drive up on a steep bank in his yard. With the front end of his car high in the air I removed the radiator cap and let it idle for a little while, it burped a big air pocket and all was well :)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I recently had a very small coolant leak under my car after a super hot day and driving kind of hard I've monitor it and haven't had it since it's been over a week car has been running at the right temperature and the level is still where it's supposed to be so hopefully mine just burped on its own somehow and that was the end of it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I recently had a very small coolant leak under my car after a super hot day and driving kind of hard I've monitor it and haven't had it since it's been over a week car has been running at the right temperature and the level is still where it's supposed to be so hopefully mine just burped on its own somehow and that was the end of it

Could've just been a loose hose clamp or something minor. I've slowly been replacing the FoMoCo hose clamps with stainless worm gear clamps.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
OK, replaced my water pump today. I suggest anyone needing to do this order a bunch of the water pump bolts (they're also used for the water outlet housing). The pump kit doesn't include them, and one of my old ones snapped at about 15 ft-lb of torque. Had to find something at Home Depot to substitute. Thanks, Ford.

·
Registered
39 Posts
TSB superseded by 16-0074

Sent from my SM-J700P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
39 Posts
?

Sorry, was reading this thread on my phone. Was replying to CaptChas - looked like that was the last post. (Lots of white space there.)
I looked for the TSB number he posted and it has been superseded.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2014 Mustang 3.7 my water pump went out at 46000 miles

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine was built 6/4/2014, purchased 9/1/2014. New water pump 1/29/2020 @ 25927 miles. I put the degas hose with check valve on 3 yrs ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice sunny day last Sunday so I went for first drive this year. I could feel the smile on my face until I noticed the temperature going up. Headed home and had to stop twice to let it cool off. 74K miles, replaced the hose just before putting the car away for winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2016 base 3.7, mine went out at 32000 miles. I did not bother with dealership, and had it replace by my own local shop. My mechanic did mention Ford is well aware of it...

61 - 73 of 73 Posts