Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone replaced the stock 215/65/17 tires on their S197 Mustangs with 235/60/17 tires using the factory rims? If so, how did they fit and look? The revs per mile is almost exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me try this another way. What size tires have people put on their stock 17" rims that originally had 215/65/17 tires to get a wider look without throwing the speedometer way off? I know width doesn't affect the speedo, but diameter and revs per mile will. How did they fit and look? Any pictures? Not looking to replace right now, just trying to do some research for when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wont affect the speedo enough to even worry about.

I'm not worried about the speedo because I would stay within the same general diameter. I'm asking more to find out what becomes too wide for the factory rim width.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 225-60-17 on mine 85 mph 2200rpms 6spd 2.73

Thanks! I'm wondering more how they fit on the stock rim and how they look from behind, how it fills up the wheel well, and how the bead looks on the rim. Can you post any pictures? Any reason you went with 225 and not 235?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thanks! I'm wondering more how they fit on the stock rim and how they look from behind, how it fills up the wheel well, and how the bead looks on the rim. Can you post any pictures? Any reason you went with 225 and not 235?
Thats the factory size my car came with bfg's. The height is good but they could be a lil wider. I will post a pic for you tomorrow. Look at some of my garage pics they might help.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the factory size my car came with bfg's. The height is good but they could be a lil wider. I will post a pic for you tomorrow. Look at some of my garage pics they might help.

Great! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
A 235 is perfect for a 7.5-8.5" rim. I found out the hard way what they look like on 9" rims although mine did seal and balance perfectly on 9" rims. I am strongly considering switching rims to a set with a 18x8 front because i love the sizing I have on the tires.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I just installed my front sr perf springs and have about an inch or so clearance. I will do the back tomorrow if my panhard bar arrives at a decent time

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just installed my front sr perf springs and have about an inch or so clearance. I will do the back tomorrow if my panhard bar arrives at a decent time

I was doing a little more looking around and it looks like you got the 225/60/17 because you have a stick, and I got 215/65/17 because I am auto. I believe we both have 7" rims.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Learn something new everyday. I thought just the exhaust tips where different. Since were talking wheels and tires, do you know of or have seen the 10th annivery cobra wheels on a 10-14. AM has the 18x9s anthracite for $66 a piece with the forum code. I usually put newer style wheels on an older car but never the other way.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Learn something new everyday. I thought just the exhaust tips where different. Since were talking wheels and tires, do you know of or have seen the 10th annivery cobra wheels on a 10-14. AM has the 18x9s anthracite for $66 a piece with the forum code. I usually put newer style wheels on an older car but never the other way.

No, I haven't.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found a couple of pics from a few days ago before the lowering springs.

It looks like 235s would fit fine on there without looking like they are too wide for the rim.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to this publication, I replaced the tires for a new 235 60r17 and it was very good, in my mustang gt 2006, best regards
I did go ahead and put the 235/60/17s on mine as well last year and have no regrets. Glad it worked out for you as well.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts