Mustang Evolution Forum banner

24 lbs and maf question?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
To upgrade to the 24lbs injectors can i just get a maf Meter calibrated for 24 lbs injectors or do i have to get a tune as well. And what kind of benefit would i be looking at upgrading tb maf and injectors?

#2 ·
You can just get a maf calibrated for 24 lbs injectors. You can * also* get a tune *instead* of changing the maf. But that would be the more expensive route. I would look into the abaco maf unit. You can recalibrate it your self via laptop. So you would never need to buy another one for future upgrades. You can find a link for that in the useful sticky thread.

What mods do you have? Because I would stick with stock 19lb injectors unless you have quite a bit of bolt ons. The 19lb injectors will support close to 280(?) Hp. :good:

#3 ·
dreamstang said:
You can just get a maf calibrated for 24 lbs injectors. You can * also* get a tune *instead* of changing the maf. But that would be the more expensive route. I would look into the abaco maf unit. You can recalibrate it your self via laptop. So you would never need to buy another one for future upgrades. You can find a link for that in the useful sticky thread.

What mods do you have? Because I would stick with stock 19lb injectors unless you have quite a bit of bolt ons. The 19lb injectors will support close to 280(?) Hp. :good:
Well i dont have alot so far gt40 upper lower cold air maf conversion headers x pipe 10 sites flow egr delete ac delete stuff like that. But i do have the gt40p heads and have yet to purchase my cam but when i do soon they are going on as well all at once hopefully this winter.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Meant series^

#4 ·
87blackonblack said:
Well i dont have alot so far gt40 upper lower cold air maf conversion headers x pipe 10 sites flow egr delete ac delete stuff like that. But i do have the gt40p heads and have yet to purchase my cam but when i do soon they are going on as well all at once hopefully this winter.
Stockers will still support that setup. Do you need injectors right now? If you are just buying them to upgrade I would wait. Imo but if they need replaced then I would upgrade to have a little growing room for more mods. :good:

#6 ·
Nope, injectors don't make HP, they support HP.

#8 ·
You're Welcome & Good Luck with your project. :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.