Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is all over mustang forums on the Internet but I wanted to see what your guys stance on it is. I had 17x8 cobra wheels on my stang and in my opinion the 245s are way too small even with an inch and half wheel spacer. How would a 275 tire look on a 17x8 wheel? Is it a hazard would be alright for a daily driver? What do you guys think? I was thinking 275/40/17 Mickey Thompson all season tire.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Won't be bad. It's a touch too wide but shouldn't have any issues. I'm running a 295 on a 7 inch wheel with no issues if it makes you feel better

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
lowflyn said:
Won't be bad. It's a touch too wide but shouldn't have any issues. I'm running a 295 on a 7 inch wheel with no issues if it makes you feel better
Really? Can I see a pic lol haven't seen that

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
255 would work better on an 8 wide as long as the tire brand/type runs normal. (some run more narrow there is really no "standard")

275 will work but will look a bit bloated on the rim. If you want that wide of a rim get 9" rims to run them on.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would not suggest running a 305 on a 8" wheel that was the worst mistake I ever made, I almost lost it goin down the track cause of that

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coreyw428 said:
I don't know if the helps any but here are a 255 and a 275 on 17x8 and the second pic is 255 and a 305 on 17x8s
So the first picture of your car on the trailer which wheel has the 275s?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Dam lowflyn. Did it take the tire shop long to get a seal on that tire lol

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Coreyw428 said:
No it was about perfect for me cause it made the car look meaner, and it still rode great
Yeah that's what I want. It'll save a lot more money rather than getting all new tires and wheels. I got 245s on mine and they just so skinny. Do you know if they wheel gap will go down any with them too? Mine is lowered 2 inches but I still wish it had less wheel gap and I didn't know of 275s would do that too since they'd be 275/40-17s compared to my 245/45-17s.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Stang.racr said:
Dam lowflyn. Did it take the tire shop long to get a seal on that tire lol
I put them on, set right up with no issued.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Coreyw428 said:
I believe a 275 tire is about 1/4 inch taller and 3/4 inch wider than a 245
Sound perfect then! Saving me money by not buying 18 inch wheels and then new tires to make less wheel gap!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Every tire is a lil bit different but you can go online and double check me, they have charts and formulas that you can see the actual diameter and width in inches

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Coreyw428 said:
Every tire is a lil bit different but you can go online and double check me, they have charts and formulas that you can see the actual diameter and width in inches
Gotcha. Yeah I have 245s and its just too skinny and wheels are so expensive. Especially chrome AFS 18 inch cobras that I want so I was just seeing if a wider tire would make it less wheel gap too at the same time as making it a little wider.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts