Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm not sure what your asking. Getting a set of new gears is a must. Are you talking about rebuilding it with an overhaul kit, or beefier axles. Or getting a LSD?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it pulls on two wheels because if the 8.8 swap I just wanna know if putting in a new T-lok will help out? I'm looking at the Ford Racing T-lok and the rear end came with only 55k on it

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If anything just get the carbon fiber clutch pack rebuild kit for the 8.8, make it nice and strong/durable

·
Registered
160 Posts
Fourloko530 said:
How much for ur 8.8 and how much it cost to get it installed
You don't need the 8.8 professionally installed, it's a direct bolt on swap from the original 7.5

Idk what that person did but if you're lookin to save some money save the maintenance cost and try it yourself trust me it's doable with the right tools and time

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You don't need the 8.8 professionally installed, it's a direct bolt on swap from the original 7.5

Idk what that person did but if you're lookin to save some money save the maintenance cost and try it yourself trust me it's doable with the right tools and time
Get some gears and look into a carbon tlock. Then your good to go

·
Registered
160 Posts
Fourloko530 said:
What did u need tools
Jack and jack stands, air tools help out a lot, but it's doable with all your sae/metric wrench sets, sockets and breaker bars and ratchets. Some pb cleaner to soak those rusted on nuts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I broke mine down yesterday then decided to replace the clutches in the trac loc so I'm down till the parts come I think it will be worth the wait

1 - 10 of 10 Posts