Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the pro 5.0 shifter, ive noticed 2nd and 3rd have a loud whine, i adjusted the stops per instructions, could this be caused from where i had to cut the rubber seal to fit around the shifter. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
its because the shifter design allows for the sounds/vibration to travel up through the shifter, just part of it. Seems steeda is bad about it as well. The best on noise is MGW, but you can get some shifter gaskets and it can help some or a little dynomat.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that was the whole purpose to install a A/M shifter was to have stops?

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

And for the short throw

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I would personally just remove the shifter stops, they are not needed as it has internal stops. At least back them WAY out.

Do WHAT? Surely you jest? :confused:

The purpose of the stops on aftermarket shifters is to keep you from bending the shifting forks in the transmission when you are out banging gears.
They are one of the main reasons for installing an aftermarket shifter.

Install and adjust them per the instructions included with your shifter.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Do WHAT? Surely you jest? :confused:

The purpose of the stops on aftermarket shifters is to keep you from bending the shifting forks in the transmission when you are out banging gears.
They are one of the main reasons for installing an aftermarket shifter.

Install and adjust them per the instructions included with your shifter.
+ 1 I agree.factory setups arent designed for the abuse that they see sometimes.the stops give us a little extra protection when slamming the gears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts