Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my stang to the track Saturday and it run great. Second gear did fine didn't grind or nothing. But today at the car wash I pulled out and went through the gears as normal not even tryin to give it hell, and 2nd gear just grinded for like 3 seconds then slipped in. So I slowed down and tried it again and again it grinded. I have the stock clutch with 326rwhp and have put 2nd and 3rd gear in before. Could it just be the stock clutch? Could it be second gear again? Ease my mind guys please..

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Kiss that trans goodbye, mine started to grind then whole trans got shot

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much would a rebuild be.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

It's an 06 and I've had it for a year bye the way.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Graham1992 said:
How much would a rebuild be.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

It's an 06 and I've had it for a year bye the way.
Hmm I was gonna mention something about a tsb on syncros but I'm not sure if it includes 2006 year models. Ehh it depends on who builds it and whether or not you upgrade any parts. I'd guess 5 hours or so on overhauling the tranny and about 3 to r&r. Labor should cost about $400 at an honest shop. Parts I have no idea, I've never order trans parts for that late a model vehicle at my shop. You might be able to just get away with syncros and blocker rings but there's no telling until you crack the case. Hope it's cheap man

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Ooooo dumb question. When's the last time you checked your trans fluid?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can somebody also PLEASE help me find a rebuild kit?!!? Jesus Christ. Its a manual 2006 mustang GT.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Graham1992 said:
So I took my stang to the track Saturday and it run great. Second gear did fine didn't grind or nothing. But today at the car wash I pulled out and went through the gears as normal not even tryin to give it hell, and 2nd gear just grinded for like 3 seconds then slipped in. So I slowed down and tried it again and again it grinded. I have the stock clutch with 326rwhp and have put 2nd and 3rd gear in before. Could it just be the stock clutch? Could it be second gear again? Ease my mind guys please..
Welcome to racing. Sorry, but It's not the clutch.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Graham1992 said:
Can somebody also PLEASE help me find a rebuild kit?!!? Jesus Christ. Its a manual 2006 mustang GT.
Go buy a MM&FF magazine. There's a bunch of companies advertising in there. It's not the end of the world man, just nuts, bolts, and some money. And like the other guy said, you gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
muscledom said:
Go buy a MM&FF magazine. There's a bunch of companies advertising in there. It's not the end of the world man, just nuts, bolts, and some money. And like the other guy said, you gotta pay to play.
I mean yeah and I don't mind to pay to play. But I cannot find a rebuild kit. I've got everybody muscle mustang mag since last July so I just gotta look through them. I don't want a whole new transmission. Just a good rebuild kit

·
Registered
273 Posts
Graham1992 said:
Looks good and all. But gonna avoid a $3500 transmission if I can. Haha. I'm looking for just a rebuild kit for right now. I'll get the tremec when I get my forged internals.
No prob... I'll keep you posted if I find something.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Graham1992 said:
I would really appreciate it man. And anybody else too!
That sucks man I've had the trans go out on every car I've ever bough except the last 2 that were both fords haha. Transmission work sucks. Ill keep my eye out for a rebuild kit for you! Ill let you know if I find anything.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jgill1992 said:
That sucks man I've had the trans go out on every car I've ever bough except the last 2 that were both fords haha. Transmission work sucks. Ill keep my eye out for a rebuild kit for you! Ill let you know if I find anything.
Yeah and its even worse considering I'm about to blow 10 grand on a turbo.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated, sorta kinda getting a local transmission shop to help. He said all he can get is oem parts not aftermarket, but he is gonna do some research and find me a rebuild kit with upgraded 2nd gear at least. Haha

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Updated, sorta kinda getting a local transmission shop to help. He said all he can get is oem parts not aftermarket, but he is gonna do some research and find me a rebuild kit with upgraded 2nd gear at least. Haha
Have you checked to make sure the hydraulics of your clutch setup is working okay? Always start with the simplest stuff first. If there is not anything wrong with your tranny internals, that hop won't tell you. They'll just rebuild it and collect the money. Just trying to help you save some bones. :good:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts