Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm going in deploying here real soon and we all know what that means first deployment buy the car second build it haha. so right now its 01 bullitt mods
o/r x pipe
4.10s
sct tuner
k&n filter
car went [email protected] friday
i was thinking a good cam set up and mabye little nitrous
build budget 2500ish
i want your all opinion get car as fast as possible in a straight line dnt care for curves.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Cams and ported heads would be good plus I'd get rid of the drop in K&N and get a JLT CAI. Maybe some better control arms (helps launch and lowers ETs + a set of slicks/ drag radials because with all that power you'll need some sticky tires. All depends man good luck and have a safe deployment.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks brother. what kind of cams are gonna be good set up for top end good trap speed i plan on going et streets and control arms aswell

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking into comp ex270 cams. what all do i need to runs these cams just springs and tune? srry I'm new to the cam world

·
Registered
470 Posts
01bullitt said:
no cam help here?
Depends where you buy cams some recommend springs to match the springs. I'm not real sure but I think that stage of cam you listed you need stronger springs that will hold up to the cams...

·
Registered
229 Posts
If your wanting top end id go with ex274 comp cams they are more mid to top end power ex270s are more bottom end to mid, and will need bigger valve springs, if its automatic will need a good stall converter also!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Cams + Ported Heads + Bolt Ons = 300-330 rwhp the Most..

Cams = 500+
Heads = 2000+
Install = 500-1000

You can get a Vortech V3 For that price plus a little more and get 400+rwhp

·
Registered
470 Posts
Good point but a lot of people just throw on a blower now a days. Would you not wanna build something a lil mild and be proud that they did it...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well even with the 270s you might would have to notch your pistons its just depends on what pistons your car has cause ford used a few different kinds in our body style.

·
Registered
470 Posts
03whitey said:
Well even with the 270s you might would have to notch your pistons its just depends on what pistons your car has cause ford used a few different kinds in our body style.
Yep that's why really he would wanna go milder with like a 264s which is a good one to do nitrous with...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for the 270 cams you can degree the cans so it works. i want a cam so i can rev till 6500 and make power and the nitrous will get me rest of power. and a nitrous car will destroy a blower 2v Im not impressed with the power lag and price of those kits. cams and 150 wet gets me about 450/500 of instant power and alot more tq. my car already made 297/354 without cam and nitrous

·
Registered
470 Posts
01bullitt said:
last week been researching allot and tins of help of the bullitt fourm
Love them bullitts they are awesome

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Mathew r Wright said:
Love them bullitts they are awesome
Also I found a company called "dyno tune" nitrous kits, did some research on them and it seems to me they are pretty reputable from what I read on, I don't know I'd check em out...

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got a cold fusion nos kit on my car it was a very reasonable price and great product comes with lines sylinoid wot switch all wires bottle bottle brackets for like 284 on ebay!

·
Registered
470 Posts
03whitey said:
I got a cold fusion nos kit on my car it was a very reasonable price and great product comes with lines sylinoid wot switch all wires bottle bottle brackets for like 284 on ebay!
Man that's a good deal...

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Mathew r Wright said:
Man that's a good deal...
03whitney you have nice lil pony is that ol notch back yours too?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts