Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my 2,73 differential was broken. I had it immediately replaced by the 3.73. now the car n vibrating at exactly 100 km / h and also at higher speeds. if I accelerate or take it away, it's gone. only at constant speed (example Cruise control). below 100 KmH no vibrations and from 120 again, now it generally makes whining noises again and oil leak , I have the third appointment in the workshop. because the seal is defective again! ... I have to say that this is not a cheap workshop and has consistently good reviews for tuning on Mustang. Whatcould go wrong there???

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hello, my 2,73 differential was broken. I had it immediately replaced by the 3.73. now the car n vibrating at exactly 100 km / h and also at higher speeds. if I accelerate or take it away, it's gone. only at constant speed (example Cruise control). below 100 KmH no vibrations and from 120 again, now it generally makes whining noises again and oil leak , I have the third appointment in the workshop. because the seal is defective again! ... I have to say that this is not a cheap workshop and has consistently good reviews for tuning on Mustang. Whatcould go wrong there??? View attachment 304507
Pinion seal failure is often a sign of the pinion angle being off and so is vibration at speed. Is your Stang lowered? Did they check pinion angle at the shop? It also could be a bad pinion bearing caused by incorrect pinion preload. Differentials can be tricky as you have found.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, i dont know what they do. The Mustang is not lowered! The Pinon preload ? Preload adjust with the crushed sleeve i think. How Check the angle? am not a mechanic but i would be interested.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi, i dont know what they do. The Mustang is not lowered! The Pinon preload ? Preload adjust with the crushed sleeve i think. How Check the angle? am not a mechanic but i would be interested.
I am not a mechanic either. These are things a shop that does differentials should know though. My "dif" is straight from the factory with 3.31 gears and all I have done is have the fluid changed to royal purple synthetic. You do know that a pinion seal should last quite a while if everything is right in the differential. Take it back to whoever did it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts