Mustang Evolution Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
818 Posts

·
Administrator
818 Posts
First of all I would like to thank everyone for their patience and help ...(y):)
You’re welcome. Keep in mind this may or may-not help. It’s has been the answer for a great many people, bit I’ve never personally needed to do this. My standard routine is to put alignment marks on there before disassembly so that it goes back the same way it came out. YMMV

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just received a video from the workshop. There is minimal play on the automatic transmission to the driveshaft. Is that normal? Or do I have bigger problems?…. Videos can not be shown here I guess right? no leaks ... and if something should be defective it should probably always be felt. and the problems were only there when the differential was made

·
Administrator
818 Posts
I just received a video from the workshop. There is minimal play on the automatic transmission to the driveshaft. Is that normal? Or do I have bigger problems?…. Videos can not be shown here I guess right? no leaks ... and if something should be defective it should probably always be felt. and the problems were only there when the differential was made
You can post the video on YouTube and put the link here. I can’t answer your question on the transmission. Maybe @Grimbrand or @5LHO will have some time and wisdom here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'll be surprised on Saturday. I will turn the driveshaft first on the existing markings when Not fixed in 90 degrees steps. and hope it will be fixed! I think from the factory no one has made yellow crosses or lines.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
sometimes it's good to take a lot of photos! found pictures from 2020 when the problems with the differential started. Yellow stripe and cross and points in line. hope that this is the end.
Tire Glove Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Atmosphere Cloud Sky Wood Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I hate to to tell you, the people that did your rear gear ratio change messed up. :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I hate to to tell you, the people that did your rear gear ratio change messed up. :(
Yes i think so! three attempts were necessary. and that although they only work on mustangs and they have a good reputation ... they will not receive my recommendation…
I Hope my local mechanic and i can solve this now.

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,340 Posts
Is this normal or too much?
I would say that is your Vibration, with the crush sleeve any movement is to much
Ich würde sagen das ist deine Vibration, mit dem Crush Sleeve ist jede Bewegung zu viel

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
One question before i start tomorrow solve my Problem.

Does the spline of the Driveshaft (middle) fits only in one direction ?
or a rotation may already have occurred there
Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Coil Electrical wiring

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,340 Posts
If the rubber is intact it most likely has not been apart so I would say no.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If the rubber is intact it most likely has not been apart so I would say no.
but could it be? if it has been properly fastened again, you won't see it! but if it was apart, does it only go back together in one direction or can you put it in any way you want? .... if I as a layperson would only loosen it on the pinion and hang it to the side or remove it completely when I work on the differential. maybe it was also dismantled

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,340 Posts
Theoretically yes, but the Clamps they use are a special clamp that take a special tool to put on so very doubtful if both clamps are intact.

·
Registered
447 Posts
One question before i start tomorrow solve my Problem.

Does the spline of the Driveshaft (middle) fits only in one direction ?
or a rotation may already have occurred there
View attachment 304615
That middle location for the spline joint was a terrible idea at Ford. I would get a aluminum driveshaft replacement like many of us have. They have the joint at the axle end like God intended. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That middle location for the spline joint was a terrible idea at Ford. I would get a aluminum driveshaft replacement like many of us have. They have the joint at the axle end like God intended. :)

Agree :).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Update…. I have now turned the driveshaft only on the pinion side on the markings that were already there before the repair. Now it feels 80% better. I can live with that... Is it possible that the originals are somewhat overwhelmed with the 3.73 ratio? If I think correctly, she now has to make one more revolution to turn the tire once... so in general, speed increases and it is not balanced for this speed. Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yes you are right, the driveshaft will be spinning faster than before at all speeds. I noticed in your pictures, you have a lot of balancing weights on your driveshaft, maybe one has been knocked off? I don't remember seeing them or not as many on my factory driveshaft when I removed mine to install my aluminum driveshaft.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
It looks like I haven't lost any weights. There are already many installed at the back and front. ... then I really think it can't cope with the higher speed. And therefore creates a remaining imbalance. Then an aluminum shaft would be a consideration. This will already be less weight and think balanced even at higher speeds. .... In general, I have to say that such a thing should not be the case with such a car. The lockdown at 180kmh alone is a bad joke.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts