Mustang Evolution Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
It looks like I haven't lost any weights. There are already many installed at the back and front. ... then I really think it can't cope with the higher speed. And therefore creates a remaining imbalance. Then an aluminum shaft would be a consideration. This will already be less weight and think balanced even at higher speeds. .... In general, I have to say that such a thing should not be the case with such a car. The lockdown at 180kmh alone is a bad joke.
According to many the speed limiter is set at 112 MPH because the stock driveshaft might fail if it goes any faster. I do not know if that is true but I didn't want to find it out myself and replaced it with aluminum one. Cyclone V-6 Mustangs will go 150 MPH pretty easily with the limiter removed from what I have heard. I would not try that with a stock driveshaft though.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I saw a youtube video a few years ago from a guy in Germany on the autobahn. He got his 2011 v6 up to 157-158 mph with just a tune :)

Reactions: iguanaman3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I got an mpt Tune and yes i think the Mustang can Go faster then 112 mph…. What brand of driveshaft do you drive? ...Must say they are damn expensive in Germany :( I saw for the V6 there are the waves without cv joint. What is the difference in the v6 between the year of construction until 2009 and until 2014? Does everyone fit there? Or different lengths

·
Registered
447 Posts
I got an mpt Tune and yes i think the Mustang can Go faster then 112 mph…. What brand of driveshaft do you drive? ...Must say they are damn expensive in Germany :( I saw for the V6 there are the waves without cv joint. What is the difference in the v6 between the year of construction until 2009 and until 2014? Does everyone fit there? Or different lengths
All Cyclone V-6 Mustangs from 2011 to 2014 use the same driveshaft. The aluminum aftermarket ones are available with CV joints or the standard U joints. CV joints are good for lowered cars because they are not sensitive to pinion angle. I have a standard u joint Aluminum shaft by Axle-Exchange that I got from American muscle and yes they are pricey and they seem to have gone up in price lately. They are in high demand and are out of stock again at AM.
SR Performance Mustang Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft 13961 (11-14 V6)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
All Cyclone V-6 Mustangs from 2011 to 2014 use the same driveshaft. The aluminum aftermarket ones are available with CV joints or the standard U joints. CV joints are good for lowered cars because they are not sensitive to pinion angle. I have a standard u joint Aluminum shaft by Axle-Exchange that I got from American muscle and yes they are pricey and they seem to have gone up in price lately. They are in high demand and are out of stock again at AM.
SR Performance Mustang Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft 13961 (11-14 V6)

I bought my Axle Exchange driveshaft from American Muscle too, many years ago :). I noticed they are now selling them as a SR Performance driveshaft but they are really Axle Exchange driveshafts. Saying they are out of stock for many weeks and cost $909.99 :(. I 'think' I paid $700 something for mine :)

I also have MPT tunes. You do know right before you load the MPT tune, you can make adjustments to a few things? Tire size (revolutions per mile), rear gear ratio, top speed limit (I have mine set to 'off') and a few other things. I don't mess with. Don't change the 'global spark'. I've tried different settings on it and it works the best leaving it set on 0. :)

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I also have MPT tunes. You do know right before you load the MPT tune, you can make adjustments to a few things? Tire size (revolutions per mile), rear gear ratio, top speed limit (I have mine set to 'off') and a few other things. I don't mess with. Don't change the 'global spark'. I've tried different settings on it and it works the best leaving it set on 0. :)
Yes i adjust the gear Ratio, but i Can Not set the Speed limit… It is set off but i know “ dont Drive faster then 120mph“🤬 what is meaning global spark?

I will consider buying an aluminum drivshaft. My pony is not lowered. can without CV joint be installed without further measures?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Global Spark 'might' be timing. I've tried + 1 + 2 +3 and -1 -2 -3 and my Mustang ran like crap. 0 is the best setting. When you plug up your SCT hand held tuner to your Mustang and click on the tune you want to load, do you see 'make adjustments to you tune' in the menu before you start to download it to your Mustang? Mine was set to a top speed of 125mph from MPT, I turned it off. This means no top speed limit :). Do you see a tire size so you can set the rpm (revolutions per mile) if you run a different size tire? the gear ratio and tire size will keep you speedometer right. Scroll on down in the menu to see other settings you can adjust. I don't mess with the idle rpm or anything else. I only make sure of my tire size and rear gear ratio and my speed limit (is off) when I load my MPT tune. I don't change anything else :)

The axle exchange aluminum 4 inch driveshaft will work ok with your Mustang. That is what I have and I'm lowered 1 inch in the front and 1 1/4 inch in the rear without any problems.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Side note; I was stationed in Schweinfurt (not sure on spelling) Germany with the US Army in 1973-1975

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hello, I was in the workshop again now. Unfortunately, they don't take me very seriously and think that there are no problems..... they don't hear and feel anything. I think I'll try another OEM drive-like before I buy a one-piece one. Mine has the number BR33 4602 AD. Can I also use an AB AC? Or are there any differences? Look the same and also come from Mustang.... Another question, can it also be come from new break discs? These have also been renewed that they may produce an imbalance at higher speeds? Everything is normal when braking.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts