Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a video of the new explorer and thought it would be sweet if ford replaced the 3.7 with the 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost; or at offered it as an option. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Impossible.

Ford won't do it because it would hurt sales of the "flagship" 5.0

I want them to, I love our EcoBoost truck...but Ford won't allow that kind of competition in the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I wouldn't count it out. The next gen mustang is likely to see direct injection added to the 5.0 along with some other upgrades that could easily bump power to the 475+hp range. So I wouldn't count it out on that front. Where I would count it out is the price factor. That tt is a pricey engine that would be hard to price between the incoming 4cyl turbo and the 5.0.

·
Banned
1,142 Posts
I wouldn't count it out. The next gen mustang is likely to see direct injection added to the 5.0 along with some other upgrades that could easily bump power to the 475+hp range. So I wouldn't count it out on that front. Where I would count it out is the price factor. That tt is a pricey engine that would be hard to price between the incoming 4cyl turbo and the 5.0.
I agree price is a problem Ford should leave the 3.7L and 2:73 gears alone maybe add around another 40 horse power and up the 5.0 to at least 450.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The whole Euro version adds a new twist. It's much more expensive to offer multiple engines. It's supposedly confirmed that Ford will offer a TT option in Europe and supposedly not the 5.0. Maybe a TT and non TT will be for Europe only and stateside will stay with the 3.7 and 5.0. It's hard to imagine 3 engines here and a TT will be getting too close to the 5.0 in terms of HP and then a TT 5.0 will be too close to a GT500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts