Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Id also like to know some peoples thoughts, I wanted the 3.73. Im afraid if i get the 3.55's I may wish I went with the 3.73's later on down the road. Just wanting to find out some gas mileage numbers. Not that I care too much.

·
Registered
270 Posts
lucky, I wanted the 93, they only sell 91 octane where im at. And yeah thats good cause youll obviously need the tuner with your gears. From what I hear the tuner makes auto's shift hella hard. and Im sure with some 3.73's youll be kicking ass off the line. The way I look at it, is if your already at 3.55 you might as well just go with 3.73. Ive actually talked to someone who had 4.10's in his fox body 5.0 and said that when he actually drove conservatively that his MPG went up. So in the end I guess its also up to how you drive and how heavy your right foot is. lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lucky, I wanted the 93, they only sell 91 octane where im at. And yeah thats good cause youll obviously need the tuner with your gears. From what I hear the tuner makes auto's shift hella hard. and Im sure with some 3.73's youll be kicking ass off the line. The way I look at it, is if your already at 3.55 you might as well just go with 3.73. Ive actually talked to someone who had 4.10's in his fox body 5.0 and said that when he actually drove conservatively that his MPG went up. So in the end I guess its also up to how you drive and how heavy your right foot is. lol
Interesting

·
Registered
270 Posts
thats what I thought too. Im pretty sure he was just talking about city driving, because with 4.10's on the highway theres no way your MPG are improving. ha

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have an auto and 3.73 gears. It is a huge difference and I have no regrets. Make sure you tune your vehicle or your speedometer will be off. As for gas mileage, there is a slight drop but I still average 22 mpg city and I live in an area where there are hills.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have an auto and 3.73 gears. It is a huge difference and I have no regrets. Make sure you tune your vehicle or your speedometer will be off. As for gas mileage, there is a slight drop but I still average 22 mpg city and I live in an area where there are hills.
Does it pull aggressively harder than the stock 2.73?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got my 3:73 gears in last week and I am not sorry at all. Lost about 3 mpg on highway but in town its better, so overall not much mpg loss. Accelration is great. Debated for months between 3:55 and 3:73. Love them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats what I thought too. Im pretty sure he was just talking about city driving, because with 4.10's on the highway theres no way your MPG are improving. ha
Lol

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

What kind of top end loss have you noticed?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts