·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes, you'll be fine
Just make sure someone experienced with the 3.7 tunes it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Can these Cyclones hold 10?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Yes, you'll be fine
Just make sure someone experienced with the 3.7 tunes it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Can these Cyclones hold 10psi?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Can these Cyclones hold 10?

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Can these Cyclones hold 10psi?

From my experience, and what I have read, no. Don't go over 8psi of boost.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Blew up 3 engines. First was a bad tune, second was too much boost. Was supposed to be only 7 or 8 lbs but went to around 15. Third one I caught the overboost and got out, swapped to a 3 lb spring in the wastegate and got 7 lbs. I think that the end problem on that one though is the installer forgot to do the crank relearn procedure and I eventually burned a hole in a piston.

I pulled the turbo after that and sold it. The guy I sold it to said he was planning 10 lbs of boost. I advised him against that because everything I read and what MRT owner Scot Hoag (who built a 3.7 for SEMA and raced that car) said, 8 is the max with the 3.7 head deck design. He thought that I was wrong and blew up within a few months.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Blew up 3 engines. First was a bad tune, second was too much boost. Was supposed to be only 7 or 8 lbs but went to around 15. Third one I caught the overboost and got out, swapped to a 3 lb spring in the wastegate and got 7 lbs. I think that the end problem on that one though is the installer forgot to do the crank relearn procedure and I eventually burned a hole in a piston.

I pulled the turbo after that and sold it. The guy I sold it to said he was planning 10 lbs of boost. I advised him against that because everything I read and what MRT owner Scot Hoag (who built a 3.7 for SEMA and raced that car) said, 8 is the max with the 3.7 head deck design. He thought that I was wrong and blew up within a few months.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What do you think I can hold with forged internals, and some head work???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
The floating/open deck will still be an issue.

I can't remember for sure now, but I think that the guy I sold my turbo kit to had some engine work done. Maybe not fully forged, but some.

Livernois Motorsports had a plate or something to address the floating/open deck that they developed for the Ecoboost 3.5, and it would work on the 3.7.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have been reading the whole post, and in no time I have seen anything of the torque, which is usually what ends up killing the car since the change cannot with the increase in torque. In Europe, people prefer to put a compressor on a turbo ... why? the compressor increases the torque (along with the power) in the average rev ranges, while the turbo does not, the compressor does not need to intercooler while the turbo does ... the compressor only has one stick ... steals power to the crankshaft. wieh compressor , the inyectors can be the same. only have to load a tune

41 - 49 of 49 Posts