Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best cold air intake for hp gains? And will it make my axle back borla atack exhaust sound better?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Any on American muscle are good , personally I have the JLT Cai which I'm very happy with it make a really cool sound adding that swoosh and its louder when you floor it. As for hp you won't really benefit much without a tune so I recommend American muscles combo Cai and tune pack .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. And yeah they are fast I got my borla axle backs from there.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
geepoons said:
Any on American muscle are good , personally I have the JLT Cai which I'm very happy with it make a really cool sound adding that swoosh and its louder when you floor it. As for hp you won't really benefit much without a tune so I recommend American muscles combo Cai and tune pack .
I also have a tune with my cai.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the top speed with a tune. And did you change your drivetrain or is the stock one fine?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
layton said:
What is the best cold air intake for hp gains? And will it make my axle back borla atack exhaust sound better?
From what I've seen on dyno results, Steedas shows the most HP gain. Around 10 more then any other, all with tunes.

Also, are those grabber stripes I see on your car?!?!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
From what I've seen on dyno results, Steedas shows the most HP gain. Around 10 more then any other, all with tunes.

Also, are those grabber stripes I see on your car?!?!

thanks and i dont think they are. its just two kind of wide separate strips running from the hood all the way back to the strip rear tail light thing

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
layton said:
thanks and i dont think they are. its just two kind of wide separate strips running from the hood all the way back to the strip rear tail light thing
Got any pics?

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

CYCLON37 said:
Got any pics?
Oh nvm, I see your profile pic. Looks great. Awesome color combo!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CYCLON37 said:
Got any pics?

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Oh nvm, I see your profile pic. Looks great. Awesome color combo!
Thanks and I ordered me some 19 in rtr wheels so when I get them it will really set the black off with the charcoal wheels

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CYCLON37 said:
Nice, will look sweet!
Do you have a tune on your car? If so what does it top at?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
layton said:
Do you have a tune on your car? If so what does it top at?
I do from Steeda. But I'll probably be getting it dyno tuned next spring after a few more mods. And top speed? I kept the limiter to 120. No reason to drive faster then that on the streets. It gets their easily though and it's got more in her if it was removed. But if you haven't heard already, our stock driveshaft is pretty weak. I'd upgrade that before removing the limiter.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Flashjmg said:
oh you grabber blue guys :) looks sweet ;)
Only the best color! :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do from Steeda. But I'll probably be getting it dyno tuned next spring after a few more mods. And top speed? I kept the limiter to 120. No reason to drive faster then that on the streets. It gets their easily though and it's got more in her if it was removed. But if you haven't heard already, our stock driveshaft is pretty weak. I'd upgrade that before removing the limiter.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

yeah the driveshaft might not be good for like 160 but i know people that run 140ish all the time with the stock driveshafts. I've only heard of a couple breaking and out of the thousand that people tune thats not a bad percent. id like to set my limiter to around 135 or 140. because it gets to the top way to easy. just barley over a quarter mile and its topped out

·
Registered
136 Posts

yeah, i like that color. But I really like black when it's nice and clean, IMO :).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts