Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I've been doing some thinking and what not ford did a 3.5 eco boost with two small turbos...we pretty much have the same motor...different heads so what type of fun could we really have!!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Hey so I've been doing some thinking and what not ford did a 3.5 eco boost with two small turbos...we pretty much have the same motor...different heads so what type of fun could we really have!!
Nope, same heads but larger crank on the 3.7 I'm pretty sure...but yeah I mean higher rpm capable heads on the 3.7 but that's internal, the exteriors are the same...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The 3.5 Ecoboost motor has better internals and is made stronger for the added abuse of boost. I've heard the manifolds bolt up different, which is the biggest hurdle adapting it to our motor. Anyway, unless someone gives you an SHO setup or you find a wrecked car and got the pair for a few hundred, better off going with a kit made for the 3.7 or fabbing your own.

We know our cars can put down around 550whp on a stock block.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So pretty much we need to start a forum and send to Bbk to clone the 3.5 manifolds for our car!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm so waiting for this.I wonder if you had the lower and upper manifolds if
it would make worth while power gains.I bet if you added headers to breath more
it might.If you could get 30 or 40 hp it would be a good investment.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
You could probably just run higher and better boost. I already have headers so I'm just waiting in the upper intake I got 30 off the headers. Idk if the intake would actually give you horsepower it would just be safer

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
you can do a single turbo easily enough and get more power probably overall with less hassle, but the motor wont handle the max abuse most could put on it, however you should see high 400rwhps without to much hassle.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
But the money you spend on a turbo you could do a blower and headers and still end up cheaper. But it's all personal preference and I prefer sound so I enjoy the headers

·
Registered
672 Posts
Dont know if you saw this already but this guy is twin turboing his 2013 v6 but he isn't using the 3.5 manifolds and turbos though. He's almost finished and it looks freakin sweet

2013 Mustang V6 Twin Turbo Build - MustangForums.com
There were a lot of people hating on his build lol so ridiculous. WHY TWO TURBOS, WHY VOID WARRANTY, WHY THAT SMALL OF TURBO, WHY MID MOUNT, WHY AIR TO WATER INTERCOOLER... blah blah blah.

I give that man some respect, that's pretty impressive he could pull it off all on his own.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yea me too, I put a supercharger on my 13 and voided warranty barely 12k I think it's worth it. Love of cars and it's fun to see results let people hate

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I WANT TO BE LIKE HIM WHEN I GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to know what kind of power it makes after being tuned :p

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Probably be high 400s, because I'm sure one turbo will spool the other. Maybe not he might run both, but then he can only push like 12 psi tops, and that's on the ragged edge unless he builds the motor

1 - 20 of 67 Posts