Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an auto tranny, and I am being told that it would be better for me to put in 4.10 gears with t-lok instead of 3.73, because of the tranny....why is this? What is the real difference, and why does it matter about my tranny?

Where can I get some cheap gears?

·
Registered
941 Posts
your automatic tranny has a milder first gear than us manual 5 spd's. it could use more gear. i have 4.10's in my 5 spd and am not disappointed. if i was you i'd prob go 4.10's, maybe 4.30's.

www.gefracing.com

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
stick with 4.10s... dont go any taller then that just because you lose so much top end. the 4.10s in an auto is really fun... i dont regret putting that gear in my car at all. Also, if youre looking for cheap gears you can get used ones from www.midwest-mustang.net otherwise as V6powerstang said gefracing.com is about the best for new gears :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And our rears are 7.5"? Sorry, Im new to this suspension stuff. Kinda neglected it! :oops:
If I get a shop to put the gears in, normally will they know what they're doing?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
yes the rears are 7.5... the gt's have 8.8 rears as far as the shop goes itd prolly depend on the shop

there was a post like this before>>> http://www.v6stangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3962

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum, but have been reading the posts. Still confused a bit.
What gears does a '02 3.8 v-6 automatic stock come with?
And... if adding 4.10 gears to it, is it safe keeping the stock differential which is 7.5 or what?? I just plan on showing off/having fun at times, not racing on a track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts