Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 3:73 gears here, and I want to get them installed, but don't have the money for an installation kit. The car has just over 64,000 and its a 1998. Do you think I would be fine with out the kit. Or what do you guys suggest?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i didnt use the kit and i installed mine around 95k miles

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, thanks Zim

btw - still lovin' the panel :)

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
how hard are they to install? What kind of equipment do you need?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
take it to a shop unless youve worked on differentials a lot before

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
or unless you have a buddy, that does that for a living that will help you out ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
drummerstang98 said:
I have my 3:73 gears here, and I want to get them installed, but don't have the money for an installation kit. The car has just over 64,000 and its a 1998. Do you think I would be fine with out the kit. Or what do you guys suggest?
you're definately gonna need new wheel seals, and pinion seal, and possibly new bearings once you're is done taking them off. one of my bearings was completely destroyed. but maybe you could be more careful.

so i would recommend getting the rebuild kit.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well i would save up if you cant afford all the parts you need, you should really do it right the first time if you get the rear together and it leaks.... you got to tear it back apart, just save up a little longer and do it right the first time you will be happy you did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts