Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is discussed to death but I want to but some 3.73 gears but do not want to tune my car for the speedo calibration. I still find it hard to believe that its the only option! Any other options?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
MrMike said:
I know this is discussed to death but I want to but some 3.73 gears but do not want to tune my car for the speedo calibration. I still find it hard to believe that its the only option! Any other options?
Install them at ford they calibrate your ECU for you but charge anywhere from 300-700 goodluck

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charlie_santos said:
Install them at ford they calibrate your ECU for you but charge anywhere from 300-700 goodluck
If Ford can recalibrate can't any garage do it then?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Ford will NOT recalibrate a V6 for 3.73 gears, because they didn't offer that as a factory option. I would not install gears without a tune though and put fake miles on my car.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Sanguin said:
Ford will NOT recalibrate a V6 for 3.73 gears, because they didn't offer that as a factory option. I would not install gears without a tune though and put fake miles on my car.
Ummmm yes they will....all you have to do is order the ford racing gears from a ford authorized dealer, have them instal them. I know this because a friend installed 4.10 gears on his 2013 and did it all with ford because he wanted to retain his warranty. All warranties are intact.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yours is the first case I've heard of them doing this. On multiple forums its been discovered and stated that Ford would not reprogram for a config not available from the factory.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Sanguin said:
Yours is the first case I've heard of them doing this. On multiple forums its been discovered and stated that Ford would not reprogram for a config not available from the factory.
Maybe it was just a cool manager then. Cuz he went in, asked a but load of questions on what can/can't affect his warranty, how to keep it intact. The manager said as long as they are ford racing parts and are bought and installed at a authorized dealership then it should be okay so they did all the work and he had the manager give his written proof his warranty was okay AFTER the install.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
What about a speedo re-caliber?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
Isn't that for cars with larger/smaller tires?
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
In the first sentence it says non stock gear ratios also
Charlie_santos said:
Too lazy to read the small letters I read something about correcting tires up to 54' and that's it hahaha
Yes yes what he said √}„ 54'? all I gotta say is Dayum jaja

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sanguin said:
But you would risk voiding your warranty!? I'm looking at any and all options, my car is a daily driver and a non contested valid warranty is most important to me!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
MrMike said:
But you would risk voiding your warranty!? I'm looking at any and all options, my car is a daily driver and a non contested valid warranty is most important to me!
Did u read the rest of the posts?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts