Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is an auto and this guy is selling some ford racing gears for 85 obo. and its for both the 3.73's and the stock gears. so is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It be a lot better than what u have. 4.10s be the best for auto. That is a good deal tho. Yous still have to get install kit and maybe rebuild kit, if your car has high miles.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where do i get the instal kit? and ive read that 4.10 gears kill the top speed? and that it shifts horrible

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another thing, do these gears work for both auto and manual? cuz im going to save up to swap out the auto

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
where do i get the instal kit? and ive read that 4.10 gears kill the top speed? and that it shifts horrible
American muscle has install kits, think around $100. Not sure about shifting but a tuner would help big time on the automatics. Plus your speedometer will be off a little bit from changing gears. I'd say get a tuner if u can or start saving up for one.

American muscle gives 6% discount if u have 50 posts. They also price match.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
American muscle has install kits, think around $100. Not sure about shifting but a tuner would help big time on the automatics. Plus your speedometer will be off a little bit from changing gears. I'd say get a tuner if u can or start saving up for one.

American muscle gives 6% discount if u have 50 posts. They also price match.
sounds good. i was looking at the shif kit thats on sale right now but its out of stock :( . i will probably buy that first then get a tuner

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
4.10s do lower the top speed, but how often do you reach top speed? It will actually help you a lot in higher speeds because you will be able to continue accelerating where as stock gears will eventually have too much resistance on them to keep going.

Think wind resistance and being able to push through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts