Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just the 3.73 gears aren't too bad. If you punch it in first with traction control off you will spin the tires thru most of first. With a tune and gears your car will feel like a new beast. if you put a drive shaft in then you can forget first gear. I was doing ok with the 3,73 gears until I put in an aluminum drive shaft, now I can spin 2nd off the line, 1st is useless for anything less than showing off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just the 3.73 gears aren't too bad. If you punch it in first with traction control off you will spin the tires thru most of first. With a tune and gears your car will feel like a new beast. if you put a drive shaft in then you can forget first gear. I was doing ok with the 3,73 gears until I put in an aluminum drive shaft, now I can spin 2nd off the line, 1st is useless for anything less than showing off.
Awesome info. Thanks!

·
R.I.P. - 10/06/2021
1,234 Posts
I went from 3.31 to 3.73 gears. I have an automatic. I wish i had gone with 4.10 or 4.56 gears. First gear is very useful and yes, i have no traction :)

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I went from 3.31 to 3.73 gears. I have an automatic. I wish i had gone with 4.10 or 4.56 gears. First gear is very useful and yes, i have no traction :)
I went from 2:73 gears to 3:73 gears and have an automatic. I'm running on the factory Michelin 215/65/17 tires along with a one piece aluminium driveshaft from AM and I have zero traction issues. Pulls hard off the line from dead stop.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I went from 2:73 gears to 3:73 gears and have an automatic. I'm running on the factory Michelin 215/65/17 tires along with a one piece aluminium driveshaft from AM and I have zero traction issues. Pulls hard off the line from dead stop.
Do you have a tune? Or lower control arms or what? Because I have no traction when I launch hard at the track

·
Registered
203 Posts
What difference did you feel when installed the drive shaft? My car is an auto too and I am contemplating putting in a DS.

·
R.I.P. - 10/06/2021
1,234 Posts
I have the factory 235/50-18 with 18,000 miles on them. A little over half worn out. I can start out in second gear (automatic) with no tire spin but when second gear hits its power band, i start fish tailing. I hope when i buy new 255/45-18 Cooper Zeon tires later this summer will help.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Do you have a tune? Or lower control arms or what? Because I have no traction when I launch hard at the track
I have a Sct Bama tuner. I'm running 91 Hybrid Tune and currently do not have any upper or lower control arms. When at dead stop, I just floor that gas pedal and it shoots off hard. Little spin, maybe a few little chirps . Lol. I have an automatic

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

What difference did you feel when installed the drive shaft? My car is an auto too and I am contemplating putting in a DS.
I noticed the car shifts smoother with the aluminium driveshaft. Now with the aluminium driveshaft in I can have no worries of traveling 145 mph without the worry or possibility of it exploding through

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Outside of tracking the car, where are you going to do 145 MPH?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts