Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 V6 and its a auto and i want to change the gears and get a LSD. Is there that big a difference in top speed and fuel economy between the two gears? This is car is my daily driver to school and i race on weekends so does that make a difference? Which LSD do you guys recomend? I heard that Auburn is good but they are kinda expensive and Fords T-lok is cheap but is it good quality. Thx

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
4.10s and a tlok unit all OEM ford dont go to richmond or you will be sorry most likly.....

its better to buy an 8.8 rear end if you can afford it in reality..... if you EVER plan to go to the track dont build the 7.5

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would also say get the 4.10 although your daily driving will be affected a bit. Keep the 7.5 because the 8.8 arent really worth it unless you are hardcore. Its really just not needed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey guys, Im tryin to decide 4.10's or 3.73 (Pro 5.0 makes a 3.9 too), I dont give a rats ass about the gas mileage, but i dont want the rpm's gettin up there at 75 on the freeway with the loud ass exhaust comin through a ragtop, any ideas how much my rpm might climb up to with 4.10's at freeway cruisin speeds? Thanks for any input!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts