Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to M.E. Forums but not new to Mustangs. I have an Automatic 04' GT with some minor bolt-ons Accel,K&N, SLP LM2 w/o cat mid etc. But I am at a crossroad with the gear because my 90' Fox assaulted the tires w/ 4.10 due to the 347 but the 04' doesn't have the brrrrrap effect of the FOX any input would be greatly appreciated !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool man thanks I read one about the 5spd but not on an Auto. The 5spd at 75 was running about 3100 rpm and that worries me

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Cool man thanks I read one about the 5spd but not on an Auto. The 5spd at 75 was running about 3100 rpm and that worries me
Not sure about the OD ratio's between manual and auto but I'd assume they are close. Sounds like maybe a 3.73 might be a better choice if you do any amount of highway/interstate driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to find someone willing to trade some offset black wheels and tires for some 18" Offset Chrome Saleens

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I have fr500's on my 99 the yellow one in the pic but my maroon and black 04 in the background has the Saleen's

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I have fr500's on my 99 the yellow one in the pic but my maroon and black 04 in the background has the Saleen's

·
Registered
571 Posts
How hard is it to switch gears? I do in-town driving all the time so I would like 4:10s but I do have a few road trips on the horizon so I don't want to have bad mpgs on the highways. So I would like to keep the stock gears and just switch then out with 4:10s when I please.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well my 99' gets amazing gas mileage with the 3.73 but my 04' is an Automatic so we will see im ok with the smiles per gallon

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
If you have 3.55 in your auto then get 4.10 you won't see much difference from 3.55 to 3.73

1 - 20 of 20 Posts