Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
depends on how u drive your car. If it's every day driver go with 3.73, but if you plan to go to the 1/4 mile alot put 4.10's in.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its my dd in the winter, well for now at least. Plan on picking up a grocery getter before to long to take over the winter dd position.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Also if you are or ever plan on being supercharged go with 373s
Would like to eventually, but wouldn't we all. Still trying to decide if its worth supercharging this one or to just sell it an get one already supercharged, but that another topic for another day lol

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
There's a good read in ColeJohnsons signature as well as in the sticky section

·
Registered
559 Posts
Why can't you run 4.10s with F/I?
You can, you'll just be prone to spinning a lot, which is a plus for some people. Just upgrade to some upper and lower rear control arms and springs, etc. you'll have a fun daily driver. Also contrary to popular belief, 4.10's can improve gas mileage in town. You will lose a little highway mileage though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You can, you'll just be prone to spinning a lot, which is a plus for some people. Just upgrade to some upper and lower rear control arms and springs, etc. you'll have a fun daily driver. Also contrary to popular belief, 4.10's can improve gas mileage in town. You will lose a little highway mileage though.
Aah I see so with the right tires and a decent suspension you should b ok running 4.10s
Correct

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Gera8712 said:
Aah I see so with the right tires and a decent suspension you should b ok running 4.10s
Correct
U need 3:55 really it will stay in the powerband longer

·
Registered
559 Posts
U need 3:55 really it will stay in the powerband longer
All depends on what you want to get out of it. 3.55's will have a higher top speed I believe, steeper gears like 3.90-4.10s will have faster acceleration. Everyone will give a different opinion. Don't fear the gear!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts