Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , i went a couple of times to the dealer, and i always find a brand new mustang rocking a nice shift knob , not that ugly leather one but a black/white/silver ball with the boot holder, so today i was kind of curios and checked it out , the one that had the good loking knob was indeed a 3.73, which makes me wonder and hope( since i got the 3.73) if this is a part of the 3.73 package or if it happens to be a coincidence and this knob comes included with a different type of package:confused:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,785 Posts
You could probably find one online somewhere if you want one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts


This is the one he is referring to, comes with the 401a like stated above
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I have two shift knobs I switch around. I popped off the plastic shift pattern on the stock leather one sanded it down and painted it green sanding it also between coats. Also have the tremec knob that came with my transmission.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,889 Posts
Villero1834 said:
Yep thats the one,its not like im crazy about it , but i would have settle for that one and be ok... In the other hand the oem leather has to go
I changed my setup like 3 times already, there's so many choices... I'm pretty happy with this new setup
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how you liek the shifter , like is it reaaaally worth the money , im trying to decide my xmas gift hahahah , and im between a hood or the shifter or maybe a lip not sure yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,889 Posts
Villero1834 said:
how you liek the shifter , like is it reaaaally worth the money , im trying to decide my xmas gift hahahah , and im between a hood or the shifter or maybe a lip not sure yet
I really like the shifter, it was one of the more noticeable mods, but since u haven't gotten your car yet. It's probably ok to stay with the stock shifter till u get bored with it like I did cuz the stock throws are fairly short. I know u wanna rip right into it but I think the hoods on the 13s look great as as
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,036 Posts
A shift knob makes a big diff in shift precision over the stock plastic/leather thumb. I just used AM inexpensive one and it's a nice simple black 8-ball retro look like the old Hurst in my 88. Like people say, lots of choices out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
I have the roush shift knob myself. Definitely shifts cleaner than the stock one. Now I just need to get a better shifter!

ForumRunner_20121020_112759.png



ForumRunner_20121020_112822.png
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
nosympathy said:
I have the roush shift knob myself. Definitely shifts cleaner than the stock one. Now I just need to get a better shifter!
I have the Roush shifter as well but I still have trouble going from 2nd to 3rd when shifting fast or getting on it. I sometimes cannot get 3rd until I double clutch. Is it just me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
I have the Roush shifter as well but I still have trouble going from 2nd to 3rd when shifting fast or getting on it. I sometimes cannot get 3rd until I double clutch. Is it just me?
you have their shift knob or actual shifter? i only have the shift knob. I wanna get the MGW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
nosympathy said:
you have their shift knob or actual shifter? i only have the shift knob. I wanna get the MGW
I have the actual shifter. I have seen other post about something on the shifters that can be programmed out or turned off. Or is it me that is the problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,036 Posts
You can't rush these things with any of the stock shifters. You need smooth open palm shifting directly at the gates. These 6 speeds have really narrow gates and if you ram it like a Hurst shifter T5 you can easily botch it. The shifters also get better with some miles on, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
5LHO said:
You can't rush these things with any of the stock shifters. You need smooth open palm shifting directly at the gates. These 6 speeds have really narrow gates and if you ram it like a Hurst shifter T5 you can easily botch it. The shifters also get better with some miles on, too.
That is good to know, I didn't think it was all me but wanted to hear it from someone else lol. I have driven a lot of manuals and didn't think it was all me.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top