Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if i got the gears decimals right, but what is the difference between the 2 sizes....sorry im a little slow

·
Registered
941 Posts
the numbers are not sizes but ratios. what car do you have?

how much highway driving do you do... if you drive in 5th (or OD) a lot, it limits what you can go with because your MPG goes to hell in a handbasket.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
its 3.73....not 3.75... and 4.10's are quicker shifts..most autos go with 4.10s and manuals with 3.73's

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks. I have a 2003 V6 mustang AT. So I geuss that means I go with the 4.10's then.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you don't haev to, its just more common for the auto guys to get the 4.10s and the manuals get 3.73, im not sure exactly how much of a differance it makes between the 4.10s vs 3.73s

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
4.10s are awesome... get them. The gas milage loss is worth how much of a gain you receive from them. I went from 24mpg on the highway to 22mpg and in the city the milage actually goes up if youre easy on the throttle. The gain is worth the gas milage loss by a long shot. Have fun, be smart, get 4.10s :)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Totally agree with all above 4.10s are the best bang for the buck and with normal driving a very little loss in Mileage BUT IF YOU HAVE A LEAD FOOT YOU WILL NOTICE A HUGE DIFFERENCE ABOVE 3000 RPM. and it is hard not to want to blip the throttle when you get gears!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts