Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
What is that exact pipe/muffler setup? I've been looking all over YouTube, trying to find a good setup. I though about running duals, with an x-pipe after the cats, and 2-1/2" back, with tips. The exhaust on there sounds damn good for a six.
Mustang V6 Flowmaster 10 Series Single Chamber - YouTube
My V6 is a single port '97. Divorced Duals:
Stock headers, all four cats, 2.25" divorced dual pipes after cats, pipe sized upped to 2.5" pipe about 10" before the mufflers, Flowmaster 10 Series mufflers, 2.5" tailpipes + tips.
Engine has a bunch of bolt-ons and SCT dyno tuned.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks dnt really have the money for headers but other than that sounds like a good idea I have some cherrybomb glass packs given to me think they would sound good?
Hell yea if you get rid of your cats got an x and put flow 40's behind the glass packs and if you have a 99-04 you can use headers from a 95-98 sn-95 they pretty much bolt-on and there like shorties for our cars and there's tons of sets at junkyards for like 25 bucks this is my current set up and i love it

·
Registered
390 Posts
sounds really nice robbi!

i have one flowmaster 44 which sounds great for single.

going to buy a second and have my local muffler guy set me up with H style duals before pulling car out in the spring....

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
sounds really nice robbi!

i have one flowmaster 44 which sounds great for single.

going to buy a second and have my local muffler guy set me up with H style duals before pulling car out in the spring....
Thanks. It's time for me to change things up again in the next couple of weeks. The cats are in need of replacement (250K miles). I am also installing a MAC ProChamber mid-pipe. Should turn out nicely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 1995 v6 mustang with full cats, True Duals, X pipe, with flowmaster exhaust... the flowmasters sound to quiet, been looking around and found that Thrush makes a very good sounding muffler.... any imput??

·
Registered
6 Posts
why get rid of 2 instead of all 4 cats?

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

im in alabama and ive never had to do a test

·
Registered
654 Posts
Makes a deeper sound really bad ass

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

You can get high flow cats instead of stock cats.. get 10 series flowmasters sound wicked

·
Registered
654 Posts
You positive there flowmasters and not knock off like flowpro

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

And thrusher is a knock off muffler to .. cherry bombs are a good way to make it loud as well

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the entire issue with the V6 is the even fire motor along with small displacement = bad sound. Nothing can really be done about it. It does sound good at idle but thats about it.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts