Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it count as matching number to replace the old v6 with a newer v6? Like say out of the 99-05 series? I know motor swaps usually drown the numbers matching system I just wondered.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Does it count as matching number to replace the old v6 with a newer v6? Like say out of the 99-05 series? I know motor swaps usually drown the numbers matching system I just wondered.
I'm not entirely sure about your question. Like what you're asking. And the year you're talking about is 99-04. 05 starts s-197

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my bad I had to go back to work that's why. My question was for the sn95 plus the style gen after. My question was is it still a matching numbers car if I took the newer V6 out of the 99-04 mustangs and places that in a 95 V6 (3.8) since its still the same cylinder count.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh my bad I had to go back to work that's why. My question was for the sn95 plus the style gen after. My question was is it still a matching numbers car if I took the newer V6 out of the 99-04 mustangs and places that in a 95 V6 (3.8) since its still the same cylinder count.
I don't think so because they are two different style engines. The 99-04 is a split port. It would be obvious to tell lol. BUT, I tried doing some research on it and for one reason or another nothing popped up. So I am not 100% sure. Someone with more experience will hopefully join in

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure what your question is. If you have a 94-98, swapping to the split port heads used on the 99-04 will bump up horsepower by 40-48 right off the bat.
Well my question this time was, are they compatible is what I meant. And as for the comment above about the 4.6. Not to be bent hooked on the 3.8 but in this case why?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
^ this. That said. I don't see a 95 v6 ever being worth anything as a collectable item. Maybe if it was still in delivery wrapping. But no a car is not numbers matching if the engine, trans, and I believe they expanded the definition to include blowers now too. As for your car, do the split port or swap in a 4.6 v8.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts