Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off im think im just was not quite sure where to put this but here we go

3 days ago my dad bough a 3.9 liter v8 lincoln LS. and i was juust given the chance today to give it a good ride. the thing is realy fast and i love the v8. now it got me thinking, how hard would it be to drop in a 3.9 liter v8 with the auto 5 spd tranny and the 8.8 rear end w/ a costum d/s , and the LS`s computer?im guessing i you would also have to up the fuel delivery and all... but would it be very hard? thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well what i was thinking was you might not need new mounts and all b/c the engine is not much bigger then the v6 and the weight is prolly similar. and it puts out more power then a gt its kinda weird.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the GT motor is ohc too. it would probably be easier to put a GT motor in partially cuz the car is designed for it,i don't know what to tell ya but anything is possible with enough $$

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the LS cars are POS all they are is a basket of problems.... i would get rid of it while you can.....

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
the GT motor is ohc too. it would probably be easier to put a GT motor in partially cuz the car is designed for it,i don't know what to tell ya but anything is possible with enough $$
Very true, I wouldn't worry about swapping a 3.8/9 v6 for a 3.9 v8. If you go with a V8 I think big is the way to go, might as well get a 351, it'll fall right in.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i like the 351 swap. it will drop right in and you'll produce a lot more torque and the 3.9 v8. plus you'll be staying with the mustang traditional mustang eingine, big displacement=big horsepower and big torque numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts