Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your site doesn't list these, but I was wondering if you may be able to get them? I know Mac makes a 3" Cobra Catback system. I have a 3" Ford Racing catback and it is a bit louder than I like. Have to be for the Cobra catback, I have 03 Cobra IRS on my GT.

Rick Kilpatrick:confused:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes Rick I will see about pricing in a few. Are you interested in the entire system or maybe just swapping out the mufflers for Flowpaths. Just swapping mufflers may be a bit more cost effective. But I need to get the prices for the 3" mufflers as well.

I will have all the info in a few hours.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the mufflers, the pipes are stainless steel and fine, they are only a few months old. Just wanted to see what the price would be, I am not even sure flowpaths would be a lot quieter in 3", I had 2 1/4 flowpaths on it with the stock system and they were a bit louder than the stock mufflers, but nowhere near as loud as these, not sure what brand these are, they don't have a name on them, just some letters and numbers, came with the Ford Racing Cobra System.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Just the mufflers, the pipes are stainless steel and fine, they are only a few months old. Just wanted to see what the price would be, I am not even sure flowpaths would be a lot quieter in 3", I had 2 1/4 flowpaths on it with the stock system and they were a bit louder than the stock mufflers, but nowhere near as loud as these, not sure what brand these are, they don't have a name on them, just some letters and numbers, came with the Ford Racing Cobra System.
Dammitt man get extra HP and get flow thru mufflers ie. Dynomax Ultraflows, Magnaflows or Borla's. they will have great sound on your GT without being annoying

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dynomax ultra welded come in 3", the other two don't even come in 3" as far as I can see, Dynomax are glasspacks from what I read some special kind of glasspacks, but they are fiberglass packed, said something about moving glass packing? Also the 3" ones aren't stainless steel.

Another thing, not much worried about backpressure in that 3" catback, if there is any backpressure in my exhaust system its up there in the stock exhaust manifolds, if anything its probably a little short on back pressure in the catback, lol ;):eek:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Dynomax ultra welded come in 3", the other two don't even come in 3" as far as I can see, Dynomax are glasspacks from what I read some special kind of glasspacks, but they are fiberglass packed, said something about moving glass packing? Also the 3" ones aren't stainless steel.

Another thing, not much worried about backpressure in that 3" catback, if there is any backpressure in my exhaust system its up there in the stock exhaust manifolds, if anything its probably a little short on back pressure in the catback, lol ;):eek:
Actually you should go look at their websites because they are what comes on Porsche, Dodge Viper and Roush mustangs. So what you are saying is you want loud. Because that would be the only reason to get anything other than flow thru mufflers. Especially with a GT. Remember all that was well and good on a V6 goes out the window with 2 extra cylinders and not needing the chambered mufflers to make it sound meaner than it is!!!! You already have mean

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am all for Magnaflow, and Dynomax, if I could get them in 3" and in stainless steel, but from what I have seen, Magnaflow doesn't make 3", neither does Borla, I have had Borla and Magnaflow and loved them both, Dynomax does make 3" but only in a welded aluminized muffler, not stainless. I would rather stay with stainless, my Mac H pipe isn't stainless and eventually I would like to replace that with stainless X or H Cat pipes.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct, that is what I have, but they are just a bit loud, These are definitely straight through, like looking through a stainless steel pipe actually, not sure they muffle at all, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may actally settle for the Magflow ultra flow aluminized if I can't do better, If I do I sure hope they are quieter than these. Part # 17271 Corey in case you think I haven't looked, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I will probably want to order something in a couple of weeks, as I said these are the only thing I have even seen in a 3" muffler that is made in Stainless steel, and I would prefer stainless, also I had Mac 2 1/4 mufflers on my stock system and liked how they sounded, so I may be getting back with you soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts