Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold start it smells like fuel bad. After warm up it has a strong exhaust odor. Also car has a light idle surge. No issues with performance at all it screams and runs hard a hell. Timings at 14 no ping. Premium fuel. It does have cold air intake factory Maf performance throttle body. And the tps is at .98.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No cats bbk long tubes h pipe n flow master's the smell is from the tail pipes its harsh.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Is your check engine light on? Maybe a faulty O2 sensor. I would check the spark plugs and see if their are any fuel deposits on them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O2 sensors replaced about 3 weeks ago. Th others were cut by previous idiot. I mean owner.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Check engine comes on after warm up. I haven't ran the codes yet cause I was making sure I find and fix all the obvious issues. And there have been plenty of those.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Cold start it smells like fuel bad. After warm up it has a strong exhaust odor. Also car has a light idle surge. No issues with performance at all it screams and runs hard a hell. Timings at 14 no ping. Premium fuel. It does have cold air intake factory Maf performance throttle body. And the tps is at .98.
Check/replace your temperature sensors. IAT (Intake Air Temp) & ECT (Engine Coolant Temp).

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
the same thing happens to me light comes on then off and smells like gas i think i need new headers were can i find a iat and ect car has proplem reading that i have coolant

·
Banned
422 Posts
Adogg said:
the same thing happens to me light comes on then off and smells like gas i think i need new headers were can i find a iat and ect car has proplem reading that i have coolant
Any autoparts store should carry them, or could atleast have you them overnight

·
Banned
422 Posts
Roughly $20-$25 a piece. Pick up a chilton or haynes manual for your car also, it will walk you through pretty much anything on your car

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
keaton5.0 said:
Roughly $20-$25 a piece. Pick up a chilton or haynes manual for your car also, it will walk you through pretty much anything on your car
Will they have the manual at the parts store to?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys sorry for stealing this thread
its all goodmines down for awhile, my rear control arm bushings are blown out. but i did fix some of these issues, i found the IAT was not sealed on and air was getting through the housing ( found this with carb cleaner while it was running) cleaned the IAT sealed it on made a bit of differnence now on to the ECT.

·
Registered
525 Posts
its all goodmines down for awhile, my rear control arm bushings are blown out. but i did fix some of these issues, i found the IAT was not sealed on and air was getting through the housing ( found this with carb cleaner while it was running) cleaned the IAT sealed it on made a bit of differnence now on to the ECT.
If the sensors dont fix it ,,you could have a injector dripping a little when you shut it off,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts