Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what these things do stock in the 1/4? (the one talking smack is the base model, no mods whatsoever) I don't recall ever seeing one of these things run... I'm wondering If I have a chance.

BTW, I've got GT takeoffs and a CAI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
You do, my buddies bone stock five oh accept for a k&n beat a twin turbo one. They are heavy. bet him money on it, best out of three races. At the track of coarse so Brent will let you talk about it! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
This is an easy question, if you have a 5-speed against a stock 3000(you didn't say if it was the turbo version or not) and if you know how and when to shift properly, then there is definitely light. Coming from the import scene I know what those cars are capable of producing with mods, and it's not pretty. I have a buddy who has a twin turbo AWD version running low 9s, and still street legal. But a N/A version stock may run about mid-15s because of the weight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not the turbo model. I don't thing he's ever really ran it that hard anyhow. I'll just have to get him to take it to the track when it opens back up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Well, in that case, with flawless shifting, give him the ass-whooping he deserves for running his mouth. But his top-end will kill you if you're not careful
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
spadez81 said:
This is an easy question, if you have a 5-speed against a stock 3000(you didn't say if it was the turbo version or not) and if you know how and when to shift properly, then there is definitely light. Coming from the import scene I know what those cars are capable of producing with mods, and it's not pretty. I have a buddy who has a twin turbo AWD version running low 9s, and still street legal. But a N/A version stock may run about mid-15s because of the weight
Low 9's are you sure? It is sooo hard to run in the 9's. Show some vids & I will believe you. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
I know but low 9's? :uhh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,052 Posts
depend on the level.... the base level are 17 sec cars... unless its the turbo version its gonna be a slow pig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spadez81 said:
Well, in that case, with flawless shifting, give him the ass-whooping he deserves for running his mouth. But his top-end will kill you if you're not careful

At the track, I doubt his top end would really be a factor. Is the base model one front or rear wheel drive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
It all depends on what you have done to your car. If you have done some decent mods to your car you might be alright against him if he is stock. But the auto 6's are a little lack luster stock so the acceleration is slower than what it could be. But I say go for it anyways it never hurts to see where you stand at the track so I say go for it but don't be the one talking trash. Do it classy like and then if you win you will make him look like a total @$$ clown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
232stang01 said:
At the track, I doubt his top end would really be a factor. Is the base model one front or rear wheel drive?
The stock model is rear-wheel drive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Js281GT said:
Low 9's are you sure? It is sooo hard to run in the 9's. Show some vids & I will believe you. :)
I don't have footage, but I can tell you this guy invested roughly $80,000 on the setup, which consists of: pistons, rods, crank, cams, 2 HKS turbos(Forgot which kind), fuel management upgrade w/ pcm, Fireball ignition, differential swap, etc...The list goes on, I just can't remember eveything he's done, but I can tell you that the car pulls nearly 900hp @ 24psi. Are you convinced yet?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
908 Posts
80 grand? Craps, I'd buy myself a Supra with that and have enough for over 1000 HP EASY!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
street legal...sure, I camn buy that. Reliable daily driver? DOn't think so. Sounds liek a garage queen to me. Just a guess, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Seph said:
80 grand? Craps, I'd buy myself a Supra with that and have enough for over 1000 HP EASY!
That is very true, but keep in mind that mill in the Supra has unlimited capabilities, meaning you can have 1000+hp on tap and still can drive it everyday. But the engine in the 3000 is a little more complexed and not as strong a motor as the Supra, therefore it's gonna cost you more to get these types of numbers and still worry about if you can even use it on a daily basis, which is what my friend has been fighting since the transformation. But on the track it's an animal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,391 Posts
It's not the turbo model. I don't thing he's ever really ran it that hard anyhow. I'll just have to get him to take it to the track when it opens back up.
You'll lose. My friend has a '95 SL. Think he has CAI, short shift, 7lb flywheel, stage 3 clutch, and no cat, he's beaten Corvettes, 5.0s, any V6 Mustang, 4.6L, Cobras, ect. He ran a 8 somethin at the 1/8 in town.

Is the base model one front or rear wheel drive?
They are front wheel drive.

They really pick up at 80. They move like you wouldn't believe at over 100mph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Dom said:
You'll lose. My friend has a '95 SL. Think he has CAI, short shift, 7lb flywheel, stage 3 clutch, and no cat, he's beaten Corvettes, 5.0s, any V6 Mustang, 4.6L, Cobras, ect. He ran a 8 somethin at the 1/8 in town.


They are front wheel drive.

They really pick up at 80. They move like you wouldn't believe at over 100mph.
Actually you're right. But for the last few production years, they all were AWD and those are nothing to play with
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top