Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
those r just for the rear and if ur dropped u might need to just have ur fenders rolled. no big deal. if ur not dropped real low u shouldnt have any issues

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
18x10s should fit no problem. Depending on how much you are lowered though you may need to roll fenders just slightly, but that should only be if you are lowered a lot.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
315's on an 18x10? That's pushing it, I would try to go a little wider on the wheel. 305's are pushing it on 10's

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
Corvettes run 325's on 11 or 12 inch wheels. The 2013 special Shelby edition runs 345's on 13" wheels. Vipers run 345's on 12" wheels. Gt500 only runs 285's on a 10" wheel. These engineers do this for a reason, because these are the sizes that may be safely used on these wheels

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's plenty of pictures on google of people running 315s on 18x10 saleen. I'm lowered 1.5" all around. I just don't know what a good street tire for a DD is in 315/30/18 without being a DR.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
There's plenty of pictures on google of people running 315s on 18x10 saleen. I'm lowered 1.5" all around. I just don't know what a good street tire for a DD is in 315/30/18 without being a DR.
Doesn't mean they are all safe or smart... Do what you will its your car

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
you left out WHAT CAR YOU HAVE. If you have a GT the quad shocks may hit

overall its mostly going to be determined by the rim setup (backspacing)

I know on my 03 cobra (little different rear end width) a back spacing of 6 inches on a 10 wide wheel is going to rub the fender lip 6.25 is about the limit~ not sure on a solid rear axle car though, its not that much different but a bit.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you left out WHAT CARE YOU HAVE. If you have a GT the quad shocks may hit

overall its mostly going to be determined by the rim setup (backspacing)

I know on my 03 cobra (little different rear end width) a back spacing of 6 inches on a 10 wide wheel is going to rub the fender lip 6.25 is about the limit~ not sure on a solid rear axle car though, its not that much different but a bit.
Got a 2004 GT

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
You will need to roll the fenders. That's the size I had on my gt and before I rolled them I was rubbing.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
What's a good non DR for that size? I live in Missouri and we have quite a bit of rain this time of year.
I wouldn't run a DR AT ALL in the rain, unless you want your car in the ditch. If you live in a place with a lot of rain you should probably get to sets of rear wheels. Ones for drs and ones with all season tires

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Well it's not as bad running dr's on rain. I had some Hoosier dr and never gave me problems or spun out

1 - 20 of 39 Posts