Mustang Evolution Forum banner

315/30/18s on 18x10 saleen wheel

10K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  CorDog009 
#1 ·
Will this fit without any issue? Will it rub the inside of the wheel? Or do I need spacers, etc.?

#39 ·
I've had 10.5" Z06 wheels before and a 335/30 wouldn't fit. The tire would not seat the bead even with around 100psi behind it. We used every trick in the book so they'd fit on my '69 Firebird.

#7 ·
Corvettes run 325's on 11 or 12 inch wheels. The 2013 special Shelby edition runs 345's on 13" wheels. Vipers run 345's on 12" wheels. Gt500 only runs 285's on a 10" wheel. These engineers do this for a reason, because these are the sizes that may be safely used on these wheels

#12 · (Edited)
you left out WHAT CAR YOU HAVE. If you have a GT the quad shocks may hit

overall its mostly going to be determined by the rim setup (backspacing)

I know on my 03 cobra (little different rear end width) a back spacing of 6 inches on a 10 wide wheel is going to rub the fender lip 6.25 is about the limit~ not sure on a solid rear axle car though, its not that much different but a bit.

#13 ·
you left out WHAT CARE YOU HAVE. If you have a GT the quad shocks may hit

overall its mostly going to be determined by the rim setup (backspacing)

I know on my 03 cobra (little different rear end width) a back spacing of 6 inches on a 10 wide wheel is going to rub the fender lip 6.25 is about the limit~ not sure on a solid rear axle car though, its not that much different but a bit.
Got a 2004 GT

#23 ·
It depends on which tire, is your car lowered and are the fenders rolled? I run 18x10's on my 99 Saleen which has the Maximum Motorsports H&R Super Race springs, rolled fenders and it still rubbed occasionally when I was running BFG T/A KD 295-35-18's. I currently have Bridgestone 285's on the back and they don't rub at all. If your car is lowered, I'm really not seeing how 315's would fit unless they are very narrow 315's. That's also pushing it for a 10 inch rim, a 10.5 would really be better.

#26 ·
you only need to roll the fenders if the rim if setup so that the comes out to far so it all depends on the rim setup..... on an 18x10 you wont have to roll the fenders if the backspacing is right. This may lead to complications clearing inside the fender area though (quad shock etc)

Most would stick the backspacing of an 18x10 around 6-6.5 inches. If 6 you will probably have to roll the fenders at 6.5 you will be ok there unless the tire REALLY sticks out.

#35 ·
No experience with the KDW's... I wish they still made the KD's... they weren't cheap but I got almost 30K out of the last set and they cornered better than the Nitto's I had tried before. I'm currently running Bridgestone RE050's on the 99 and I think they discontinued those as well, hopefully they last another 2-3 years. My 2011 came with Pirelli's, they grip but wear out really quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.