Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is prolly a dumbass question on my part...but i honestly dont know...seen it a few times here and there and on peoples cars at www.cardomain.com...and it says "347 stroked mustang" or something of that nature.....what does that mean? keep in mind im just now getting into the love of cars and im only 15 so dont mouth me too much on being a dumbass :uhh:

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
engine size 347 cu inch and its stroked and its a mustang...and dont worry there are not many people that will dis you on being stupid we are all here to learn!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Stroking an engine is altering the crank pin location to increase or decrease the piston travel in the cylinder which then increases or decreases the engine's displacement.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
i think he was wondering what stroked means. stroking is when you put a larger crank in with a longer throw. so the piston moves further. It usually lowers your rpm and gives you more torque.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
a "stroker" engine is an engine that has had a different crank shaft put in it to increase the displacement of the engine. most people increase the bore of the cylinders to also inscrease displacement. a 347 is a stroked/bored 302. stock 302s have a bore of 4" and stroke of 3", if you increase the bore to 4.030" and the stroke to 3.40", you get 347ci.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Falcon said:
Stroking an engine is altering the crank pin location to increase or decrease the piston travel in the cylinder which then increases or decreases the engine's displacement.
:search: Somebody just learned how to use google it looks like...

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
KrazyPony said:
:search: Somebody just learned how to use google it looks like...
Knew what it is, wanted fancier words to stick in there then i usually have.:D

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I just had to think of a way to explain it...we all know what it is...i just couldn't find the words to explain it best. thanks falcon

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
midnightmustang said:
ok thx alot guys.....the stroked part was throwing me off completley...that answered my question fully
Thats what we're here for!:good:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts