Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to talk to u all and hash out the different options I can do to build this engine. The main thing to keep in mind is in a couple years ill be buying a kennebell 2.3L sc. And pushin about 18-20psi into the 5.8l.

Also wuld building it to take the sc and an accasonional spray of wet nitro be feasable (100-150 shot)?

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

My chevy buddy told me that 114 lob seperation is the max for nitro and the minimum for sc. (Idk how to write the lobe seperation numbers, my apologies)

·
Registered
598 Posts
That should be fun. Lots of options out there for you, especially since 302 & 351 parts mostly are interchangeable. My brother-in-law and I have a fairly stock rebuilt 351 stuffed in a Pinto. Still plenty of power for that little chassis.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
claudermilk said:
That should be fun. Lots of options out there for you, especially since 302 & 351 parts mostly are interchangeable. My brother-in-law and I have a fairly stock rebuilt 351 stuffed in a Pinto. Still plenty of power for that little chassis.
What hp and torque u makin?

·
Registered
598 Posts
No idea, it's still a work in progress. I would assume about stockish (probably a little less--it's all tired junkyard-quality parts). Block is from a '75 Galaxy 500, heads are from a 302 Cougar, intake & carb are Edelbrock, using Mountaineer cast manifolds (they make it all fit).

I know it's enough torque to have started popping spot welds, requiring 2x2 subframe connectors to be run through the floor pan--even with a 6-point roll bar. The rear panel can still be heard flexing when we get on it. It will almost keep up with my '13 GT, but still has a lot of work to go.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
claudermilk said:
No idea, it's still a work in progress. I would assume about stockish (probably a little less--it's all tired junkyard-quality parts). Block is from a '75 Galaxy 500, heads are from a 302 Cougar, intake & carb are Edelbrock, using Mountaineer cast manifolds (they make it all fit).

I know it's enough torque to have started popping spot welds, requiring 2x2 subframe connectors to be run through the floor pan--even with a 6-point roll bar. The rear panel can still be heard flexing when we get on it. It will almost keep up with my '13 GT, but still has a lot of work to go.
Oh damn. Wuld u go fuel injection or carb?

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Ik urs is carb. Jw ur preference.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yep, carbed. It's simpler. When the 351 block was being rebuilt, we had a junkyard 302 from a Lincoln (yeah! Hotrod Lincoln!) in it. We pulled the fuel injection intake off it & used a spare Edelbrock carb intake. I love how interchangeable the Windsor parts are--it's like big boy Legos. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
claudermilk said:
Yep, carbed. It's simpler. When the 351 block was being rebuilt, we had a junkyard 302 from a Lincoln (yeah! Hotrod Lincoln!) in it. We pulled the fuel injection intake off it & used a spare Edelbrock carb intake. I love how interchangeable the Windsor parts are--it's like big boy Legos. :)
Ya. I'm trying to find a gt so I can do the swap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts